PASSWORDS IN MAC VERSION & IOS - do they sync?

Options
ccgreen
ccgreen
Community Member

Does the master password sync from the MAC vs. to IOS versions.
When I first went into the IOS on IPAD, it asked for a master password, and did not appear to sync w/ my MAC Masterpassword;
want to be sure this is correct, as I am having trouble the Master passwords in my firefox & safari browsers (posted discussion in 1Password for MAC), which is not accepting the current master password.
thank you

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ccgreen,

Changes to your Master Password should sync from your Mac to your iOS devices. What are you currently using to keep your devices in sync?

• ccgreen
    ccgreen
    Community Member
    Options

I am using ICloud - but they didn't seem to sync; and I had to input into IOS; maybe there is a longer lag time, that I would have anticipated?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ccgreen,

Let's try resetting sync and see if that gives things a bit of a kickstart:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• snagitseven
    snagitseven
    Community Member
    Options

Couldn't find the answer to this - prob an obvious answer.
    Will the new 1Password for iOS 4.5 still work with 1Password 3.8 for Mac OS with OS 10.6.8 Snow Leopard (using Dropbox) as before? (I have 1Password for iOS 4.2 currently and can't use Mac 1Password v4.x for Mac as it requires Lion or above and for a variety of reasons I can't update the OS yet).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @snagitseven‌

1Password 4.5 for iOS should sync just fine with 1Password 3 for Mac via Dropbox. :) If you hit any snags though, please let me know and we'll walk through it to ensure it's all working smoothly!

This discussion has been closed.