1Password Windows Firefox Extension

Options

I run 1Password on Windows (at work) and am having a problem with the extension for Firefox. I updated passwords and saved them in the main 1Password app. The 1Password app sees the change, and the extension for Chrome browser sees the change, but the extension for Firefox browser does not see the change (still uses the old password).

I un-installed the 1Password extension for Firefox, and then re-installed the extension, and then quit Firefox (closing this browser also clears the browser cache, cookies, etc). I re-launched this browser but the 1Password extension for Firefox still does not see the updates to the specific passwords. I use Chrome where I can (and am glad its extension works), but some things were specifically programmed to load and function best in Firefox, so using only Chrome is not an option (I am set back by this). A workaround is to copy/paste the passwords from the app (so I am not stuck); but it would be great for the Firefox extension to work. How may I cause the extension to update?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Firefox differs from the other browsers in that it doesn't relinquish its cached copy of your 1Password data, even if you remove the extension and re-install it. You have to clear it by hand, as follows.

Important: If you have any Login items saved from the Firefox extension that don't show up in the main 1Password program, this process will delete them, so make sure you copy them down before proceeding!

1. In Firefox, remove the 1Password extension.

2. Delete Firefox's temporary copy of your 1Password data:

a. Type this in the Firefox address field:

about:support

b. Press Enter.

c. Under Application Basics, click the Show Folder button.

d. Quit Firefox.

e. In the Explorer window that appears, go "up" one level to the parent folder.

f. Drag the OnePassword.sqlite file from that folder to the Desktop.

3. In 1Password, re-install the Firefox extension.

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the Desktop to the Trash.

Let us know how it goes, @chazzunokuthunuchtec‌.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I run 1Password on Windows (at work) and am having a problem with the extension for Firefox. I updated passwords and saved them in the main 1Password app. The 1Password app sees the change, and the extension for Chrome browser sees the change, but the extension for Firefox browser does not see the change (still uses the old password).

I'm guessing some other Firefox extension is blocking the (WebSockets-based) communications between the 1Password helper and the 1Password extension in Firefox. Can you send us a Diagnostics Report, please? When you send us the DR, please include a link to this forum discussion. Thanks!

• chazzunokuthunuchtec
    chazzunokuthunuchtec
    Community Member
    Options

I believe the issue was with the sqlite file. I removed the extension, and then the sqlite file (which was still there until manually removed). When that was removed, I also (paranoid) created a new profile in Firefox, and then added the browser extension. On first use it said it had to sync (this is good, because it wasn't syncing before). It now appears to be in sync and working as desired.
    Thank you. And, I'll not use Firefox on Mac at home (just on the Windows at work). Thanks again!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That’s great news, @chazzunokuthunuchtec—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.