new user - Where is the Password key on IPHONE 5 & IPAD 4 in Safari?

Options
ccgreen
ccgreen
Community Member

Finding Password key on IPAD & iPhone. iPhone - is 5s; iPad 4, retinal display
The instructions in IOS user guide is based on Iphone, and is difficult to find easily on Ipad - FYI.
Issues:
If I am using 1Browser, I can find the password key in both IPAD & Iphone.
If I hold down the website and hit "open in safari" it goes to safari but i can't find any password key in Safari, to fill in passwords.
I have so far input 11 logins (including Facebook, Walgreens, Amazon, and OpenTable) and ONLY Netflix on the IPAD,shows a blue "OPEN" writing towards top of screen, which then opens in a new window, no bars across top or bottom, and logs me in; but I don't know how to get out of that window, w/out double click on home button, and close that way. On IPHONE, I don't even get the "OPEN" for Netflix. With Merrill Lynch, the 1Broswer doesn't work on the IPAD or Iphone at all, but does work on the Mac version. (There is a Merill Lynch for Ipad & Iphone, but don't know how 1Password would access that?).

In both, I went to settings 1Browser - the User Agent, changed to Safari (iPhone & iPad); it stays checked.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Re: mobile Safari

Unfortunately Apple doesn't allow extensions into mobile Safari so there is no way to have the data automatically filled within mobile Safari. Thats the entire reason the team at AgileBits has developer the 1Password Browser. It allows password / user name filling as you are now familiar.

1Password is unable to communicate with the apps unless the developer has used a callback option to 1Password for data retrieval.

I don't quite follow you on the Netflix portion above. I think I have answered as much as I can, being just an end user like yourself. The staff may have some thoughts on the subject. Stay tuned.

ps. The user agent only identifies you to the server as running a particular browser. If I recall correctly.

• ccgreen
    ccgreen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you; it seems that when I hold down on Netflix website in 1Password on IPAD ONLY; and click on "Open in Safari" it opens in Safari mobile - then there is an "OPEN" written in blue below the tabs, that fills in user & password, and goes to a new window (with nothing along top or bottom to close). It doesn't happen with any of the other websites that I have so far added (and common ones as well - as described above). In addition, question to staff would be regarding the Merrill Lynch login website, the 1Broswer doesn't work on the IPAD or Iphone at all, but does work on the Mac version. (There is a Merill Lynch app for Ipad & Iphone, but don't know how 1Password would access that?). This is possibly due to extra security issues due to financial info, but I then would not be able to access my account at all from IPad/Iphone... any thoughts?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ccgreen,

First of all, we've launched a big update today, and I'd love it if you'd update your iOS device and let me know if you are still seeing the strange behaviour with Netflix. :)

In addition, question to staff would be regarding the Merrill Lynch login website, the 1Broswer doesn't work on the IPAD or Iphone at all, but does work on the Mac version.

I took a peek at the Merrill Lynch website, and it does have a bit of a complicated Login process (over several pages, if I'm looking at the right place.) It might be more efficient to use the Merrill Lynch app. (Please see instructions below).

There is a Merill Lynch app for Ipad & Iphone, but don't know how 1Password would access that?

I am sorry to say that due to the sandboxing of apps on iOS, Apple does not provide developers with a way to directly interface with other apps. Unless the app has included support for 1Password explicitly, we cannot do anything (like filling) in another app. These sandboxing restrictions also prohibit 1Password from providing browser extensions for mobile browsers. This is why we have 1Browser available within the 1Password app: to allow you to take advantage of 1Password's stored information and filling capabilities.

Currently to log into other apps such as the Merill Lynch app, you need to copy and paste from the 1Password app. 1Password makes this easy as you can simply tap on the username or password to copy it. 1Password will then clear out the clipboard within a given time period to ensure that your important information does not stay in the clipboard after you no longer have a need for it. You can check out Apps that love 1Password to see which apps have added 1Password integration into their interface.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.