How do I add Tags?

Options
donduardos
donduardos
Community Member

Hi!
Sorry for the newbie question, but I believe that I am missing something because I am unable to add tags (no option for it) neither they show up in the sidebar (see attached snapshot).
Can anyone give me some guidance on this?
Thanks.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I believe tags won't appear in the sidebar until you have actually created one. To do so, edit an item and write the name of a tag in the tags field then save the edited item. I hope that helps but if you have further problems please post back.

Stephen

• donduardos
    donduardos
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen,
    thanks for the really quick answer! You are right, I have to create one first. Also the portuguese interface translation is not 100% clear, because the translated term used for "tags" is not very common in this context. But OK, I have it sorted out with your help.
    Thanks again, and keep on the great work!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

So glad you're sorted!

Stephen

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

@donduardos‌

This is not the first time there is confusion about adding tags because of a translation error, the same thing happened to an Italian user:

discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/104215#Comment_104215

1Password uses labels and tags. Of course, the translations must use two different words for these as well, because they are different things. A screenshot from that thread explains the difference:

It's in Italian, but you get the point. Google Translate tells me label in Portugese is etiqueta, which make sense because label in Swedish (my language) is etikett.

The obvious way to choose the translation for tags is to look at what Apple use for its Finder tags. In Portuguese, it seems to be Identificadores.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5839?viewlocale=pt_PT

You can join the translation project by asking someone at Agilebits to invite you. :)

This discussion has been closed.