1P 4.5: Missing Sync Indicator

Options
stlei
stlei
Community Member

Dear Agilebit Team,

within your new version I am missing an indicator when sync tasks are active. Within previous versions it was indicated by moving gears on the left side.

Also I can not read the full text of the current sync status in the corresponding dialog.

Maybe you can take this into account for further improvements.

Thanks and regards

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stlei,

Thanks so much for providing the feedback here! Currently you can view the status of the sync by looking the 'Last Sync'. This section will tell you when a sync is in progress or the last time sync occurred.

I can certainly mention to our developers that you miss a more detailed progress indicator though. :)

• stlei
    stlei
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Megan,

thanks for the quick reply. I realised that there is the information basically available. In the english translation you can read the status properly. But with the german translation the label is much longer ("Letzte Synchronisierung") so there is very little space for the progress information itself. You have to guess what is mentioned after the label. Maybe a page break would help here.

And thanks for forwarding my request to the developers. I really loved the moving gears pointing out quickly the current status without opening the sync dialog especially if there were conflicts.

Regards

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stlei,

I liked the moving gears as well - it was a pretty neat feature. I'll be sure to mention that the German translation is looking a bit crowded. It certainly makes sense why you'd prefer a progress bar there as well! Thanks for explaining that. :)

• iceout
    iceout
    Community Member
    Options

If the developers do decide to put the gears back in I had a problem where the gears would just keep spinning even after my sync was complete unless I left the app and came back in.

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member
    Options

Spining gears are just nice looking. I prefer to have progress indicator.

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

I'm also missing the spinning gears and the progress bar in the sync section. Right now I'm puzzled what 1PWD is trying to tell me as I can see the orange Syncing icon spinning on the Settings page but when I go into Syncing it tells me "Last Sync xx seconds ago"; sometimes the status switches to "In Progress" but then flips back to "xx seconds ago" whilst the orange icon just keeps spinning all the time.

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

1PWD has been syncing for hours now on my iPhone and so I stopped syncing in the Settings but even now the orange icon still keeps spinning.

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

I set up syncing again, now the status tells me "In progress" but the orange icon is not spinning at all.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi all,

Thanks again for adding your thoughts here about the sync indicator. Our developers have fixed a bug where the Sync icon would spin incorrectly - you should see an update soon that has things behaving properly. :)

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

ah right - glad you found the issue.

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member
    Options

Another vote for bringing back some indicator in the bottom nav bar that syncing is happening. If that feature had still been there, I would have immediately known that Dropbox syncing wasn't actually happening following the upgrade.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi "Paco II"‌

Thanks for adding your vote here :)

This discussion has been closed.