iCloud sync with 1Password 4.5

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 4.5: Dropbox Sync requires set-up.

Comments

• Pontoffel_Pock
    Pontoffel_Pock
    Community Member
    Options

I do not use Dropbox, only iCloud, but 4.5 on my iPad is not syncing either. Tapping on "Sync with iCloud" brings up a pop-up sync window that quickly disappears. No interaction is possible.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pontoffel_Pock‌

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting 1Password 4 synced up here! I'd like to know just a bit more about the situation here so we can get things sorted out for you:

• Was iCloud sync working for you prior to the update? Or are you setting things up fresh here?
    • Are you using 1Password on any other computers or devices? If so, please provide the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices.
    • Are you seeing an error message in the Sync window? If so, please tell me what it says. If it's easier, you can take a screenshot of the message. There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. You can save the image to a service like Dropbox and include a link in your reply.

Once we know a bit more about the situation, we should be able to get this straightened out. :)

• Pontoffel_Pock
    Pontoffel_Pock
    Community Member
    Options

Previously, I had Wi-Fi sync enabled. About 1 week ago I set up iCloud sync with my Mac, Macbook, and iPhone. I had not yet set up my iPad for iCloud sync. I upgraded to v 4.5 on both iOS devices today and my iPhone remains syncing just fine. I decided, after upgrading, it was time to also set up my iPad for iCloud sync. I go to Settings -> Sync -> Start Syncing (Primary Vault) -> Sync with iCloud. The window pops up from the bottom of the screen saying "One moment please..." and then immediately goes back down off the screen. No error message. The Sync with Dropbox stays up on the screen, but since I do not use Dropbox, I have to cancel to make the window go down off the screen. Likewise, the Sync using Wi-Fi will stay on the screen and I can cancel to make it go away. It's only the Sync with iCloud that pops up and goes away.

• Pontoffel_Pock
    Pontoffel_Pock
    Community Member
    Options

The version of 1Password running on my Mac and Macbook is 4.1.2 from the App Store.

• markusrohner
    markusrohner
    Community Member
    Options

I've got the same problem with my iPhone (on my iPad it is working).
    When enabling logging of sync there is an error "Unexpected section number 1"

Wed Apr 23 14:32:35 2014
    Device: iPhone
    System: iPhone OS (7.1.1)
    Locale: gsw_CH
    1Password 4.5

Wed Apr 23 14:32:36 2014| 405064 [DATABASE:0x17e282d0:] S openDatabaseWithError: | SQLite Version: 3.7.13
    Wed Apr 23 14:33:24 2014| 405064 [SYNC:0x1c927880:] S ubiquityContainerURLForContainerType: | Container URL: '(null)'
    Wed Apr 23 15:22:44 2014| 405064 [ER_SUBSYSTEM:0x17e282d0:] A tableView:numberOfRowsInSection: | Unexpected section number 1
    Wed Apr 23 15:23:26 2014| 405064 [SYNC:0x17dae240:] S ubiquityContainerURLForContainerType: | Container URL: '(null)'
    Wed Apr 23 15:23:36 2014| 405064 [ER_SUBSYSTEM:0x17e282d0:] A tableView:numberOfRowsInSection: | Unexpected section number 1
    Wed Apr 23 15:23:39 2014| 405064 [SYNC:0x17e282d0:] S ubiquityContainerURLForContainerType: | Container URL: '(null)'

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pontoffel_Pock,

Could you confirm that 'Documents and Data' is enabled on your iPad? I'd also like you to check for updates on your Mac - version 4.3 for Mac was just released and it includes a lot of great new stuff (and some bug fixes too!)

Hi @markusrohner‌

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble getting iCloud set up. Let's do a reset and see if that gets things behaving better:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• markusrohner
    markusrohner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan

Didn't work on the iPhone (Wi-Fi doesn't work too, by the way; but I want to sync with iCloud).
    It (still) works on the iPad.

Any other idea?

• Pontoffel_Pock
    Pontoffel_Pock
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed, my iPad's "Documents and Data" was not enabled for iCloud. Enabling that allowed me to choose iCloud in 1Password. I upgraded my Mac to v4.3 and am currently experiencing a sync issue with my iPhone now. It said it will stop syncing because the remove vault has been replaced. Also, the item count on my iPad is not yet correct, although it says it is syncing. I'll continue to mess with it and try to get them straightened out. At least we've found the initial issue. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markusrohner‌

I'm sorry to hear that didn't get things straightened out for you! Unfortunately, there's not much more that I can suggest here without taking a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Hi @Pontoffel_Pock‌

I'm glad to hear we got a bit closer to the solution here. The message you are seeing on your iPhone is meant to inform you that the data in iCloud is different than the data on your iPhone. Has your iPhone been out of sync for a while or have you made significant changes to your database on your Mac recently? If the data on your Mac is the most up-to-date data, we can erase the data from your iPhone and start fresh, or you can merge any changes in by dismissing this message. Please let me know how this goes!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markusrohner,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with more suggestions to get iCloud syncing working.

This discussion has been closed.