Feature Request: Landscape mode on iPhone

Options
jyanek
jyanek
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

In 1P4.5 for iPhone, does landscape work? Mainly I would like landscape to enter my master password, as entering complex passwords in portrait view is often challenging. If not, please consider adding this at least to the app's initial lock screen. Thanks!

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

It doesn't offer landscape for entering the master password on my iPhone. It works fine in landscape on my iPad.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jyanek‌

Landscape mode is currently only available in the iPad app. I'm happy to pass your thoughts along to our developers though. :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Count me in too. I was going to post the same thing. Real Men have Fat Fingers. (I don't know what that means.)

• doober831
    doober831
    Community Member
    Options

I was really disappointed when this feature wasn't included in the "Completely redesigned" version of the iPhone app. This feature was requested almost 1.5 years ago in this thread. Overall I'm very happy with the OSX and iOS apps but this feature desperately needs to be added to the iPhone version.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MrC and @doober831,

Thanks for adding your votes here. Even though I'm most certainly not a real man, I can admit that I've mis-typed my Master Password a time or two, so I understand where you are coming from! :)

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

+1

I love 1Password. I have it installed on multiple IOS, Windows and Mac devices. However this is my #1 gripe, by far.

The iPhone portrait keyboard is very hard to use for those of us with medium to large hands. I would be 90% satisfied if only the master lock screen rotated (although I'd take secure notes too!)

Dave Ings

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for adding your vote here, @ings. Your feedback is appreciated!

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

Here's another interesting use case for iPhone landscape support. Some people are suggesting using 1Password as your digital wallet, by scanning all the things in your physical wallet, and adding them as attachments. A rather good idea I think. Here's one such blog describing this: http://bit.ly/1lFFjUr

So I tried this with optimism. However when you display an attachment in 1Password, it's always in portrait mode, which isn't such a good idea (unless you like reading micro-fonts) if you wish to display a landscape oriented object such as a drivers license. Ideally you'd like to see the attachment in landscape, if you rotate the phone, so you have a hope of actually reading the fine print.

This is not an issue on the iPad, firstly because the screen is wider and bigger, and secondly because 1Password supports landscape mode there!

So this is a great idea ... but not so great in practice IMHO because of the lack of landscape support.

• somainer
    somainer
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for landscape mode... AND ability to add an attachment from within iOS 1PW - preferably by selecting something like "Add an attachment" and then having option to select "Take a picture using iOS camera", as this hypothetically could allow one to take a picture of something like a driver license and add it to 1PW quickly and easily (WITHOUT having to first take a pic and have it saved in some cloud state).

• Jasper
    Options

Thank you both for the feedback! I'll pass it along to the developers. :)

This discussion has been closed.