Password generation in 1Browser

Options
mb1
mb1
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

Does anyone have an idea as to what happened to the password generation button in 1Browser and how to regain the functionality?

Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mb1,

There is currently no password generator in 1Password 4.5 for iOS, but thanks for letting us know that you're interested in seeing this feature - it sounds like a great addition to me! :)

• bottleneck
    bottleneck
    Community Member
    Options

I would really like this feature added too please :-) Heartbleed password resetting is difficult in iPad let alone iPhone but I've done it for vital sites. If this could be added that would be great. Many thanks, Megan.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bottleneck,

Thanks for adding your thoughts here! I understand how Heartbleed has complicated a lot of things here. Here's my current workflow for changing passwords on my iPad:

• Open 1Password 4 for iOS, and unlock it.
    • Go to the login item you want to update.
    • Tap on the website address to launch the 1Browser, which should log you into the site.
    • Navigate to the site’s Change Password form, and enter your current password. Copy it from the vault view of the item, if needed, by sliding the 1Browser aside for a moment.
    • Once the current password is entered into the form, slide the 1Browser aside, and place the login into Edit mode.
    • Either type in a new password, or use the Strong Password Generator to generate a new one.
    • Save the login.
    • Copy the password field, and slide the 1Browser back into view.
    • Paste the new password into the new and confirmation fields, then save the changes to the form.

It might not be quite as quick as using a password generator within 1Browser, but it does have the benefit of saving the new password to your Login immediately so that it doesn't get lost. ;)

• bottleneck
    bottleneck
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks, Megan. Most appreciated! :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bottleneck‌

Happy to help! We're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.