Can 1Password do this....

Options
Tessieri
Tessieri
Community Member

I am looking for better security protection of an elderly neighbor's iPad.
1. Can 1Password's Master password be used to secure his iPad's login passcode (the code used to unlock the iPad each time it awakes)?
2. Can 1Password's Master password be used to secure access to his iPad's MAIL app so no one can open his mail app and see his email?
3. Can 1Password be used to control/establish his email password which is buried within the mail app. Now, he has established a password for his email, and we have manually entered it into the mail app as a part of setup. As a part of using 1Password, can this "saved" password be established and controlled by 1Password somehow?

Thx, Mike T in VA

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mike ( @Tessieri‌ )

Thanks for considering 1Password! Now, 1Password can definitely store items like an iPad passcode and email password, but the protection and encryption is limited to the app itself. This is because Apple doesn't allow for iOS apps to interact with each other, so 1Password cannot protect passwords that are stored within other apps.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you here, but I'd be happy to help if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.