4.5 Tags Problems - Some items do not have their tags, others do

Options
Chris100
Chris100
Community Member

Very excited to see tags in 4.5. Unfortunately, several of them are not syncing properly.

For example, I've got one tag applied to 292 items on the mac desktop. In 4.5 on iOS, the tag shows up, but only has 16 items. All the other items have synced -- they just don't have the tag.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Chris100,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If your database is up-to-date on your Mac, I'd like to try reinstalling the iOS app and see if that gets things fully synced over. To start fresh, please try:

(Please note that deleting the 1Password data in Documents and Data is removing only the sync data from the device, and has no effect on the 1Password data stored in iCloud.)

• Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox/iCloud

Please let me know how this works for you!

• Chris100
    Chris100
    Community Member
    Options

That did the trick, thanks @Megan.

I received a dropbox error during the initial sync setup, but then I hit "sync now" and it finished.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Chris100,

I'm so glad to hear that things are synced up for you now! I hope things work smoothly for you from now on, but we're here if you hit any further snags. :)

This discussion has been closed.