How to create login with odd ID # first?

Options
AMCarter3
AMCarter3
Community Member

The site <www.netxinvestor.com> requires 3 kinds of ID: 1) Financial Org #; 2) UserID; and 3) Password (in that sequence). My attempts to setup a login in 1P with these three ID items is not working. How can I configure 1P to enter the Financial Org # and UserID on one site page, and the Password on a different page?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this knowledge base article on creating multi-page logins help at all? Although it relates to 1P3 the principle no doubt applies in 1P4.

Stephen

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Good article. However, contrary to the first step in that article, when I fill in the Financial Org # and my UserID on the first login page, hitting the "Continue" button does not trigger 1P to ask me if I want to save a new password. That's where I'm stumped. I tried the process 3 times and also tried unsuccessfully to manually ask 1P before and after "continuing" to save a new login.

This site has many layers of security: Financial Org #, UserID, Security Phrase, Security Picture, Security questions (4 in random order), and finally a password.

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

I got it to work! I finally got 1P to create a new login for the site. After I typed in the Financial Org 3 and UserID this time, 1P allowed me to create a new login. That new login also now has my password and is able to use it on the 2nd security page for this site.

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure how 1P saved the Financial Org #, but it did. The number does not show in my 1P database window, but it shows up when I log in to the site. Any idea where that # is hidden?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I think you'll probably see the Financial Org # if you go to the login item in the main 1P4 app and click on show web form details towards the bottom of the details pane for the item.

Stephen

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Aha!. Right. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.