1Password 4.5 iPad always locks on exit

Options
albmoriconi
albmoriconi
Community Member

I just upgraded to 1Password 4.5 for iPad, and the settings for timed lock and lock on exit apparently carried over from the previous version.
Even though automatic lock on exit is disabled, however, the application locks every time I close it.

Thank you for your attention!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @albmoriconi‌

Thanks so much for taking the time to write in! I'm so glad that the lock settings are behaving properly for you. :)

• albmoriconi
    albmoriconi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and thank you for your quick response. I'm sorry for not explaining properly, but my settings only appearently imported: the application locks everytime I close it even though the automatic lock is disabled; I've also tried to enable and disable it again, with no effect. I hope the support team can have a look at this soon!

Thanks again,
    Alberto

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Alberto ( @albmoriconi‌ ),

Oops, that's entirely my fault for not reading correctly. My apologies!

If you use 1Password on another device, let's try reinstalling the app to see if that gets your settings behaving a bit better:

To start fresh, please try:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html

(Please note that deleting the 1Password data in Documents and Data is removing only the sync data from the device, and has no effect on the 1Password data stored in iCloud.)

• Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox/iCloud

• albmoriconi
    albmoriconi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your advice, it worked perfectly! I'm sorry for not trying it myself before asking for help :)

Bye,
    Alberto

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Alberto ( @albmoriconi‌ )

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out - don't feel bad asking any questions you might have, we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.