iPhone Dropbox sync fails

Options
MikeV99
MikeV99
Community Member

I finally got dropbox to work on my iPads and Macbook with continual sync disables/enables. However, the iPhone won't sync correctly. It takes a very long time in Progress before it acts as though it works. Unfortunately, the entries do not get updated. I am using the normal setup. Sometimes I have gotten the Failed to download ... message. Very frustrating to see such a poor rollout --

Comments

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

Deleted and reinstalled 1PW on iPhone. After a long sync finally got things to match on all devices (have not checked iMac yet though). After reinstall sync had to stop and restart app to get sync icon from spinning.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MikeV99,

I'm so sorry that the migration process to 1Password 4.5 has not been smooth for you. Some users have been seeing the 'Failed to download' message upon initially setting up sync because 1Password is essentially downloading your entire database fresh. (This is not an excuse, merely an explanation - we wish this was a much more automatic process!)

Please don't be too concerned by the spinning 'Sync' icon. Sometimes it can get a bit excited and spin for longer than it should. This bug has been fixed by our developers and an update should have it behaving properly for you. To get a more accurate representation of when sync is occurring, please go into Sync and view the 'Last Sync' setting. It will notify you when a sync is in progress. :)

This discussion has been closed.