How to stop 1Password from prompting to open URL upon opening? [caused by URL in clipboard]

Options
dmarsh68
dmarsh68
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

Hello,

I'm experiencing a very annoying issue every time I open my 1password app ... Every time I open the app it prompts me with the following:

Open URL
Would you like to open this URL in 1Password?

https//webmail.tx.rr.com

This does Not occur whenever I simply close and open 1Password; however, it does occur every time I open 1Password after I've closed it from running in the background.

I have even deleted my email account entry that referenced the above web address in it's notes, but I was still asked if I wanted to open the URL after opening the app.

This has become very annoying and as much as I enjoy the app, I will have to seriously consider going back to msecure if this issue can't be fixed.

FYI: I was also experiencing this issue in the previous version of the app.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Danny

Comments

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @dmarsh68,

If 1Password sees a URL in your clipboard, it’ll prompt you to open it in 1Browser. So, that URL is most likely in your device's clipboard currently. Try copying something else (not a URL) and that should stop 1Password from prompting you.

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• dmarsh68
    dmarsh68
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that worked. Thank you very much!!!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help!

• bobbd
    bobbd
    Community Member
    Options

I know this is a feature, but for those of us who rarely use it, can we please have the option to turn it off.

Thanks

Bob

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobbd‌

Thanks so much for adding your feedback here. Our developers are looking into how to make this work better!

• Dalton Rooney
    Dalton Rooney
    Community Member
    Options

I would like an option to disable this as well. I don't plan on using this feature and I find it somewhat annoying! :-)

• MrRooni
    Options

Thanks Dalton, we've been tossing about ideas on how to make this feature less intrusive.

• Rubén Miranda
    Rubén Miranda
    Community Member
    Options

Created a login just to ask this crappy feature be disabled until you guys figure out how to enable it less obtrusively.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, Ruben. Of course if we disable it, we'll get people signing up just to tell us they want it back. ;) That said we do certainly appreciate the feedback and as MrRooni mentioned we are looking into how we can make this work better for everyone.

This discussion has been closed.