Need workaround for kotak.com

Options
abhishek
abhishek
Community Member
edited April 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Is there a way to use 1Password for Windows or Mac on sites like this https://kotak.com (Kotak Mahindra Bank in India). The problem is that there are two options of filling up username/User ID and one place for password. So the 1Password gets confused and it tries to enter the same username for both the blanks but I must emphasize that noth are different. The User ID(CRN) is a numeric combination where as "nickname' can be alpha/alphanumeric and the biggest problem is you can enter one one of them at a time not both. Please suggest some work around moderators.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Whenever there is a problem with filling a certain web site, then we usually ask our customers to do this:

1. Try this login in another web browser (for example: if your are running Internet Explorer, then try Chrome)
    2. Place the blinking input caret into the username field, then open the 1Password application, then click on the Auto-Type button.
    3. Open the 1Password application, locate the Login item, then copy the username (and/or the password) to the clipboard.
  • abhishek
    abhishek
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. So that means it's not possible to automate this. I think I have to manually enter then in this case. Still if you could just visit the site and see what I was talking about. Thanks @svondutch

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

@abhishek, you don't mention which browser you were using, so I just tried this in Chrome:

I visited that URL, filled in a fake User ID and fake password, clicked the 1Password button in the browser's toolbar, clicked the "+" button in the upper right corner, modified the name from the default (kotak.com) to "kotak.com - User ID", and saved the new Login item.

Then I launched 1Password, selected the "kotak.com - User ID" Login item, and clicked the Edit button to see the Login item 1Password had saved for me:

Back in Chrome, I visited that URL again, and pressed Ctrl+\; 1Password filled the saved values in the correct fields.

Back in the main 1Password program, I selected the "kotak.com - User ID" Login item, and chose Edit > Duplicate.

I edited the new duplicate as follows:

• Changed the name to "kotak.com - Nickname"

• Double-clicked the Username row, deleted the fake ID number, and saved the change

• Double-clicked the CrnAlias row, entered my fake nickname in the Value field, and saved the change

Here's the edited duplicate:

Finally, I visited that URL a couple more times, clicking on the 1Password tool, and selecting one or the other of the two saved Login items. Both worked as expected, filling in the Password and either the User ID field or the Nickname field, but not both.

I hope that helps, @abhishek. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.