Stolen laptop- change master pw remotely?

enism
enism
Community Member

Hi everyone

my laptop has been stolen and I've changed the important passwords (not all though) but am wondering if I can change the master password for my 1password (for mac) remotely? I don't think I've done a backup to a cloud before but it is synced to dropbox and I've setup the 2 step verification for dropbox as well as changed the password.

completely freaking out here so any help will be appreciated. thanks.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited April 2014

I'll leave others to provide further comfort and details but the fundamental point is that nobody can access your 1P4 database without knowing your master password. I don't think, on that basis, you really need to worry about changing it.

Edit: your master password is not stored anywhere on your Mac.

Stephen

• enism
    enism
    Community Member

thanks for that Stephen_C.. so essentially it's pretty hard to hack into? I have a strong password for it and have changed important passwords.... but am still pretty paranoid :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Yes, it's designed to be very hard indeed to hack. You may find more reassurance here. I understand your paranoia but in your circumstances, although I'd be very depressed about the stealing of my laptop, I probably wouldn't be concerned about someone getting access to my 1P4 data...so long as I'd used a strong master password.

Much sympathy about the loss of the laptop, though...

Stephen

• netnothing
    netnothing
    Community Member

you can also remove that laptops access to Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/account#security

-Kevin

This discussion has been closed.