1PasswordAnywhere cannot access Key Data File

Options
synapse7
synapse7
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I am trying to access 1Password Anywhere from within the Dropbox website using the latest version of Chrome and Firefox on a Mac and the latest version of IE on Windows 8. I keep on getting this error: "A problem occurred when loading the "https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file."

And later these errors:
"Problem loading 1Password data file

A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it.

Please see this help guide for troubleshooting tips."

I've tried searching the forums and can confirm I am trying to access it via the Dropbox website. I also cannot figure out how to repair my data as others have suggested. I am using the downloaded version of 1Password 4.3.

Is there anything special I need to do in order to get 1Password Anywhere to work? Can I try to repair my data somehow?

Thank you,
-Dan

Comments

• VincentWong
    VincentWong
    Community Member
    Options

Same with me. Now I can't enter passwords anymore on my Windows machine. This is a huge regression, AgileBits!!

• Gyran
    Gyran
    Community Member
    Options

Dropbox seems to have change the permissions when trying to access individual files using http requests outside from their API.

• licenced
    licenced
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here on Chrome for Windows. I'm not allowed to install the app or extension on my work PC so Anywhere is my best access to my passwords while browsing during the day (without having to resort to the mobile app and manually reading off and typing in long random strings).

Hopefully this can be resolved quickly somehow!

• pnjman
    pnjman
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue on both Chrome for Windows and Safari for ios.

• fmi
    fmi
    Community Member
    Options

same on Safari Version 6.1.2 (8537.74.9) OSX 10.8.5

• steerio
    steerio
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, and all I can find online is about local access restrictions, so let's stress that it's not local mode that we're talking about here!

• TobiasAT
    TobiasAT
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Have the same issue if I try to access the encryptionKeys.js URL, tested with Chrome 34 and IE 11.

I'm already logged in.

• psychris
    psychris
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here started this morning - was working fine yesterday and I haven't changed anything since. Using Chrome 34 on Windows 7 Enterprise.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I seldom use 1PasswordAnywhere, so I tried it this morning after reading this thread. I find the same lack of access. I'm using the latest beta 4.

• TNerf
    TNerf
    Community Member
    Options

typing crazy random strings with one hand while reading off phone before screen timeout is D(*&)IFF_]'i9˙¨KuLt=90!!!

• theabe2000
    theabe2000
    Community Member
    Options

I've got the same issue. I rely on 1PasswordAnywhere on my work computer for the same reason as @licenced. Thanks in advance for looking into this, AgileBits.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

I just stopped Dropbox syncing on all devices, allowed 1Password 4 to delete my Dropbox data when I switched it off, and then started again to recreate Dropbox syncing. The newly created 1PasswordAnywhere remains inaccessible.

Here is the first error dialog:

And the second one:

• hermansantos
    hermansantos
    Community Member
    Options

The same here. I use 1PasswordAnywhere on Ubuntu because there is no full version for Ubuntu. This morning when I tried to access the interface, I received an alert with the error:

A problem occurred when loading the "https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/1password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

The same with me on both Windows and OS X.

• jahve
    jahve
    Community Member
    Options

I recently updated 1Password on all my devices (Mac, iPad and Android [beta]) and got the encryptionKeys.js-error for the first time this morning.

I am accessing Dropbox with Firefox 28.0 on Windows.

• Ted Howard
    Ted Howard
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. I wonder if this is a Dropbox issue. The 1password.html file hasn't been modified in ages; neither has encryptionKeys.js

When I try to access the url for encryptionKeys.js, I get the dropbox 403 error. But I can navigate to the file in the dropbox web site, and view it in browser. The difference is that the URL contains some sort of access key as a query parameter.

Perhaps this wasn't required before, but now is. If so, 1password.html needs to be modified.

• Ted Howard
    Ted Howard
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, so much for the dropbox theory. I tried to use Firefox and access the files locally. The encryptionKeys.js file is available, but I get the same error in 1Password.html

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm thinking it might be time to move back to iCloud. I keep hoping to hear something official about this before jumping ship, though.

• Andy Huang
    Andy Huang
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry to bump an old thread. I noticed a similar problem today.

When I tried to access from Dropbox, it says: A problem occurred when loading the "https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Synchronization/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file.

When I attempt to load the URL, long and behold, it doesn't work.

Looking at the URL scheme in the address bar, I noticed Dropbox adds "?_subject_uid=[redacted]&w=[redacted]" after the html, and pasting that to the end of encryptionKeys.js will cause the file to load okay.

Is this something that Dropbox have added recently? Can this change be added to 1Password Anywhere?

• dondecastro
    dondecastro
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I thought I was going crazy this morning. I use this method to be able to login on linux computer at work. Just a couple of days ago I had been able to login using the dropbox server method and I get to work this morning and I could no longer use it. This is really frustrating and now a huge inconvenience to say the least.

• spork
    spork
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, just started happening today. We need a proper Linux client.

• jadowd
    jadowd
    Community Member
    Options

I am experiencing this issue as well... and am VERY frustrated by it.

firefox 28.0

I'm already logged in. My mobile and mac centric install of 1passwd work fine.

• jadowd
    jadowd
    Community Member
    Options

Is anyone from 1passwordanywhere even looking at this?

• jahve
    jahve
    Community Member
    Options

Judging from this Twitter conversation they seem to know about it at least.

• lostforwurdz
    lostforwurdz
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

I went inside 1Password.html and I appended the string from the end of the html in the address bar after accessing it in Dropbox to every file (.js and .1password) that it accesses and now I have access.

• Daniel Sonnenfeld
    Daniel Sonnenfeld
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. >:P

• digicomm
    digicomm
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue. We're now passing 14 character passwords around the office on sticky notes. How secure is that? >:P

• idstone
    idstone
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here.
    It's possible to get access to data from any 1Password-Client and the .html from the dropbox-store if I use an local apache - seems to be a problem with dropbox or their api...?!

• Jasper
    Options

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the reports! We're aware of the issue, and are in contact with Dropbox to try and get this fixed.

Your patience is much appreciated! :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi all,

We are currently investigating what is happening with 1PasswordAnywhere. Our developers are in talks with Dropbox, and we'll do our best to have this up and running again for you all just as soon as possible!

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience as we sort this out. :)

This discussion has been closed.