How do I add tags?

Options
rvb3n
rvb3n
Community Member

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not able to add tags: can someone explain me how to add them?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You can add tags manually when you edit an item by typing the tag name in the relevant field or you can drag the item to a tag in the side panel to add that existing tag to the item. (You may need to highlight Tags in the side panel and then click on Show in order to see tags you have created.)

Stephen

• rvb3n
    rvb3n
    Community Member
    Options

Well, the problem is that I don't see the "relevant field": there is nothing called "tag" and I've nothing on the side bar because I don't have any tags yet..

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Click edit on a item, scroll down towards the bottom of the entry and you should see tags just after notes and before display. If you don't, and you are in fact using 1Password 4, it's bizarre! :)

Stephen

• rvb3n
    rvb3n
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I see:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Seems like you are using the Italian version? Try using the red etichetta field.

Note that there seem to be an error in the translation. Google Translate tells me that etichetta means label. Problem is, 1Password already uses that term. So in the Italian version, etichetta is used for two different things (green and red).

You can correct this error by joining the translation group at Crowdin

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

My Italian is non-existent (sorry!) but isn't "etichetta" the Italian word for "tag"? Have you tried editing that field to see what happens?

Stephen

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Also, note that Apple's tags used in the Finder are called tag in Italian:

(from the OS X features page).

I think it's best if the same word is used in 1Password, to avoid confusion.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Aha, we may be moving towards a Crowdin translation problem!

Stephen

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Also, what are the rules for capitalization of nouns in Italian? I'm not an Italian speaker, but unless nouns always are capitalized (like in German), then the labels (user name, password, tags and so on) should not be capitalized in 1Password, presumably to create symmetry with the opposite column.

Here is the English version:

• rvb3n
    rvb3n
    Community Member
    Options

Thx Xe997, I finally figured out that the second "Etichetta" is actually "tag".

Usually we don't translate it: we say "tag" as you say it in english.

I'll try to look at Crowdin to fix it if I find the file!

Thanks a lot for the help!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

You're welcome!

These files seem to contain the english tag:

Tags
    tags
    Do you really want to delete this tag?
    Failed to add the tag to the item

Of course, it's up to you Italian users to decide what word to choose :) Luckily, Crowdin has a voting mechanism.

This discussion has been closed.