I most of the time have to call 1password twice before it knows which site I want to fill in

Options
maxandersen
maxandersen
Community Member

I most of the time have to invoke 1password twice before it will look up the password.

In the past that did not happen - it would find the password on the first request.

How can I fix that ?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maxandersen,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting 1Password to fill things in for you lately. I'd like just a bit more information on the situation so we can better track this down:

• What is the version number of 1Password you are using?
    • Which browser are you using as your default?
    • How are you invoking 1Password: are you navigating to the page and using ⌘\ to fill, or opening the Mini, selecting a Login from the list and allowing 1Password to open and fill?

The more details you can provide the easier it will be to find a solution for you :)

• maxandersen
    maxandersen
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for not seeing your follow up - but now the issue is actually worse. It won't show up in 1password mini but it will show up in 1password embedded in the browser.

To answer your questions:

1Password version: Version 4.2.2 (422001)

Default browser: Firefox v 28.0

Invoking password: the keyboard shortcut which opens the mini and not the one inside the browser.
    Then I use the mouse to use the one inside the browser and things seem to be much more correct in most of the cases.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maxandersen,

This is a bit strange. 1Password and 1Password Mini use the same database in 1Password 4, so there shouldn't be a difference between what you see in the Mini and in the browser extensions. I'd like to take a closer look at your system to see just what is going on here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• maxandersen
    maxandersen
    Community Member
    Options

Done - mail sent with link back to this forum.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maxandersen‌,

Thanks so much for sending in the Report! We'll follow up directly via email to ensure nothing gets muddled up between here and there. :)

• maxandersen
    maxandersen
    Community Member
    Options

I dug some more and noticed this issue seem to only occur if using the keyboard.

I recorded a tape of it: http://usetapes.com/v/cqhh2qWmbN
    (sorry for the background music ;)

You'll see me trying to log into "jboss community" and everytime I use the mouse - 1password finds it.

When I use the keyboard shortcut it is not found. Really annoying since that slows things down considerably ;)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @maxandersen‌,

Could you please send me a private message with the email address you used to send the Report in to our support team? I'd love to add this new information to the email ticket, but I'm unable to track the Report down using the email address attached to your forum account.

• jamesrose_sf
    jamesrose_sf
    Community Member
    Options

Has this ever been fixed? I've had the same problem since 1P4 & mini came out, and it's very annoying. 80% of the time I have to do an escape and ⌘\ a second time before the correct site shows up.
    Using FF30, but happens with Safari & Chrome just the same and all versions of all browsers.
    Currently using 1Password 4 Version 4.4.1 (441008) Agile Web Store, but like I said, it's been there since 1P4 was released.
    I've included the troubleshooting report as described above.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jamesrose_sf,

We've received your email with the report; thanks for sending it in! We'll review it and follow up directly through email with suggestions for resolving your problem with 1Password keyboard shortcut usage.

The reason for maxandersen's issue was site-specific, resolved by updating a Login item. It's quite unlikely to be the same cause and fix for yours. :)

internal reference number: MCP-72867-929

This discussion has been closed.