I use 1password on iPad and iPhone, but are not able to get i work on iMacŠ

have installed and used 1password on iPad and iPhone with great success, but for some reason I am not able to get 1password running on my mac.

After installing the software I have to choose "I am a new user" or "I have already used1Password".

If I choose "I am new user" i have to type mu master password twice, and also give a "password hint". This is not a natural choice for me, since I already using 1Password on two iOS units.

So: If I press "I have already used 1Password", the application finder starts and it looks like I have to navigate to a "certain" location or file.

Can somebody please help? I have spend ours infront of the Mac without finding any solution to this problem.

Best Regards

Rune Kristiansen

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2013

[EDIT: Snipped possibly misleading instructions. — khad]

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi Rune,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

1. What version of 1Password are you using on your iOS devices?
    2. Have you been syncing them via Dropbox?

If you are using 1Password 4 for iOS, you can just enable Dropbox syncing (if you haven't already). Then 1Password for Mac should automatically detect your data file in your Dropbox folder.

Please let me know the answers to the above two questions. We'll have you up and running in no time.

This discussion has been closed.