Duplicate autosave bars in Chrome [RESOLVED in 3.9.18]

brianjameskirk
brianjameskirk
Community Member
edited June 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hey there—I'm having some problems in OS X 10.8.4, Chrome Version 27.0.1453.110, 1Password 3.9.17.90.

On some sites, the "save this login" popup screen will repeatedly load; on others, and in that circumstance as well, you can't click any of the buttons in the popup bar. Not the "never for this site," "unlock," or the close X.

I can solve the issue by reloading, but that can be a bad user experience when I'm specifically saving information to a site and lose saved details in the process of reloading.

Let me know, thanks!

Comments

• Fabian Schwahn
    Fabian Schwahn
    Community Member

Hi,
    the latest version of the Chrome browser extension (3.9.17.90) open the iframe 10 times, so I have to click 10 times to discard the dialogue, which is a bit tedious. I'm on OSX 10.8.3, and Chrome version 27.0.1453.93 .

Thanks!

• Hi Fabian,

I'm sorry about this, can you give us a URL where this happened, so we can test and see what's going on.

Thanks!

• Fabian Schwahn
    Fabian Schwahn
    Community Member

Hi,

unfortunately it's an intranet page, so I can't give you access. It only started happening a few days ago, so I guess it's connected with the latest update. I'm sorry I can't be of any better help.

• skipdb
    skipdb
    Community Member

This seems to happen about everywhere I go. http://newegg.com is one example.

• davekonopka
    davekonopka
    Community Member

I'm also seeing this on all sites with Chrome v 27.0.1453.110 extension v 3.9.17.90.

If I click add multiple times it creates multiple entries. Otherwise I have to click to close multiple times.

• Alex058295
    Alex058295
    Community Member
    edited June 2013

I have the exact same issue, same version for OSX, Chrome, and 1Password. I can see the additional toolbars getting animated into the existing one. I've found you can click the various buttons like "save" and "X", but you need to click many times. And in the case where you click save, 1Password will create a duplicate login item for each and every click. One domain I use has produced 6 duplicate toolbars, and another has produced 7 duplicate toolbars.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

We have heard a couple reports of this, but so far we've not been able to reproduce anything.

Please let us know the URL(s) where you are seeing this when you email us a Diagnostics Report:

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I just merged a couple different thread together for this issue since they were for the same issue.

So far, all the instances of this we've seen have been resolved by removing and reinstalling the extension. Just make sure that there isn't any data in the extension that isn't in the main 1Password app. It should be in sync, but if you recently saved a new Login, just check to make sure.

Please let me know if that helps. If not, please do send us a Diagnostics Report as requested in my post above.

Thanks!

• simonsmith
    simonsmith
    Community Member
    edited June 2013

I've noticed that on several sites (for whatever reason) I have several instances of the save this website bar open over the top of each other.

When you click 'save' or the close button then the next bar underneath simply shows in its place. There is no clue to this and can often result in several records added to 1Password before you realise.

The latest website I can think of that does this is logmein.com. I have to press the close button about 6-7 times. Surely the extension could check to see if an instance of the bar already exists and then stop spawning new ones? It's an incredibly frustrating part of an otherwise great product.

Thanks
    Simon

• andyw
    andyw
    Community Member

This is my problem, too! I end up with a bunch of duplicate records, and while it's not a huge deal to go in and delete them, it's annoying, plus it slows down my browser. I am seeing this happen with Chrome. Any ideas?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I just merged another thread into this one.

So far, most of the instances of this we've seen have been resolved by removing and reinstalling the extension. Just make sure that there isn't any data in the extension that isn't in the main 1Password app. It should be in sync, but if you recently saved a new Login, just check to make sure.

Please let me know if that helps. If not, please send us a Diagnostics Report along with the URL(s) where you are seeing this.

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Fabian Schwahn
    Fabian Schwahn
    Community Member

Reinstalling the extension did not solve the issue for me, I'll try the troubleshooting utility when I find some time.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

We look forward to receiving your Diagnostics Report so we can better assist you. Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

We just released a new beta version of the 1Password Chrome extension: 3.9.18.BETA-2. If you are having trouble with duplicate autosave bars in Chrome, please try installing it and let me know if you are still having trouble.

Before you install the beta extension you will need to remove the existing extension from Chrome first.

1Password Chrome extension BETA

Note also that you will have to install the beta version in a different manner than the the stable version. Follow the instructions on the download page which list the steps and provide screenshots. The steps include dragging the CRX file from Finder onto Chrome's extension list.

• marclove
    marclove
    Community Member

Thanks khad! The beta fixed it for me.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

Keep us posted if you have any other trouble.

• Fabian Schwahn
    Fabian Schwahn
    Community Member

The beta version fixed the issue for me as well. Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers!

• pixel41
    pixel41
    Community Member

is there a Windows 7 fix for this Chrome issue? i'm having the same problem.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2013

@pixel41, the same extension is used on Mac and Windows, so you can use the link above. However, here is a link with screenshots of the steps for Windows:

1Password Chrome extension BETA with instructions for Windows

Again, please be sure to remove the previous extension first. :)

• mimikbos
    mimikbos
    Community Member
    edited June 2013

Lately in either Chrome or Safari, 1Password is unresponsive to a click to dismiss or a click on Never for this site or a click to save. I have to refresh the browser to dismiss the banner

I took a screenshot but am not able to upload it here because it's on my desktop not at public location.

Mimi

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mimikbos,

I merged your post with the existing thread for this issue. It should be fixed in the latest beta if you want to install it right away using the instructions in my post above. But if you don't want to switch to beta updates from now on, you can also just sit tight. It will released in the stable channel as an automatic update. So if you do nothing it will eventually fix itself. :)

• I have been having this issue with the Chrome extension where when I login to a site the "Unlock 1password to save this login" drop down pops up and if I click the X to close it most of the time nothing will happen. I will have click the X multiple times (sometimes around 10 times) before it finally goes away. Sometimes it doesn't go away unless I just refresh the page.

I have the latest non-beta version of 1Password 3 and the latest Chrome Browser extension. This happens not only on my iMac running Mac OS 10.7.5 but also my MacBook Pro on 10.8.4 as well as my Surface Pro in Windows 8. I have noticed that when this happens it seems like that drop down drops down multiple times. It's annoying. Any ideas?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I merged your post with the existing thread for this issue, @spectre51.

This was fixed a while ago in the beta channel of the 1Password Chrome extension, but

the fix is now available in 3.9.18 in the stable channel of the 1Password Chrome extension.

Please be sure you are running the most recent version of the 1Password Chrome extension and let me know if you are having any other trouble. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.