"Problem with database" error in Safari on prerelease build of OS X Mavericks

mozart11
mozart11
Community Member
edited July 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1PW doesn't work for me in Mavericks, build 13A497d - second build.

Unlock the extension and all it says is Problem with database"

Switch back to 10.8.4 and all is fine.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• hhudgeons
    hhudgeons
    Community Member

I've got the same thing going ... it's a constant problem.

I'm on Mavericks build 13A497d, and 1Password version 3.8.21 (build 32009).

Let me know if need any more data.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Let me know if need any more data.

Yes. Please email us a Diagnostics Report as requested above.

Thanks!

• hhudgeons
    hhudgeons
    Community Member

Sent!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Cheers! We will reply as soon as possible and work with you via email to see if there is something we need to resolve in 1Password or if perhaps you've discovered a bug in Mavericks. And there are plenty since it is still in early development. :)

• brucevalle
    brucevalle
    Community Member

Hello is there a fix for this problem? every time that i try to use the 1Password for Safari 7.0 i got that message: Extension Database not available

• Hi Bruce,

Please email your diagnostic report to support@agilebits.com and we'll take a look at what's going on.

Thanks!

• bscepter
    bscepter
    Community Member

this is happening to me too. even in the new build. 13A524d

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bscepter,

Please email us a Diagnostics Report as described in my first post in the thread. We'll work with you via email.

Thanks!

• Had same problem went into user/library/safari/databases/safari-extensions and threw away the list which all said agile then restarted safari and now working.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013

Thanks for following up, @thedbaser!

The solution we have seen work in all cases so far has been to remove any and all 1Password .safariextz files from:

~/Library/Safari/Extensions/

And also remove safari-extension_com.agilebits.onepassword-safari-2bua8c4s2c_0 from:

~/Library/Safari/Databases/

To get to those folders, select Go > Go to Folder… from the menu bar in Finder. Copy and paste the paths into the input box and then press Return.

I hope that helps. If anyone else is still having trouble, please do email us a Diagnostics Report as described above. :)

Cheers!

• brucevalle
    brucevalle
    Community Member

Thanks it did the trick!!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• rosegrif1
    rosegrif1
    Community Member

HI - I've got the same problem here

I've tried clearing the cache and rebuilding the database in 1password but still get the problem with database error

I'm running Safari Version 7.0 (9537.59) and 1password Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) - and I've tried both the standard and beta extension for Safari and same problem - 1password works great in Chrome

I'm going to email my diagnostic report to support as well

thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rosegrif1,

I merged the thread with this existing one. Please follow my instructions in post #12 above and let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

As I updated to safari 6.1 I got the same problem. I sent an e-mail to support after several hous of trying everything. Nothing worked. Exept a note from a robot which is trained to be kind, this amateur was left alone with the "problem with database.
    Then I got to this page, as I'am not very technical it took me some time to find out how to use the above solution, BUT it Worked!!!
    1Password back in my safari, thanks a lot Khad. Next time I have a password problem you will find me here!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad everything is working well. I'm working on posting it as a pinned thread here to make it more obvious.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013

I just posted the complete instructions in a new support article pinned to the top of this category. Here is the link to it:

"Problem with database" error in Safari in OS X Mavericks

If anyone else is coming across this issue, please be sure to follow the steps in that support article.

I'm going to close this thread now. If you're still having trouble, please start a new thread or email us. Links for both of those contact methods are in the support article. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.