How do I completely uninstall

eziggy3
eziggy3
Community Member

I am having the same issues as many others.
1. Cannot auto fill
2. double click on the item in 1P and it takes me to th website but does not auto fill

I want to go back to 1P3, how do I uninstall this not ready for prime time software?

Comments

• oMc
    oMc
    Community Member

AppCleaner can help you.

• MikeMikeMike
    MikeMikeMike
    Community Member

AppCleaner didn't help. I bought 1P3 from the website and didn't delete it when I installed 1P4.

After running AppCleaner on 1P4, uninstalling the browser plug-ins, rebooting my macbook, and reinstalling the 1P3 browser plugins, I get the red exclamation mark in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Actually it comes and goes during a session. This doesn't happen on my iMac where I did not install 1P4.

The troubleshooter doesn't show any problems. I've cleared the cache and restarted the helper.
    I would re-download 1P3 and reinstall, but I don't see it on the website.

• Hi guys,

@eziggy3

I am having the same issues as many others. 1. Cannot auto fill 2. double click on the item in 1P and it takes me to th website but does not auto fil

1. Inability to fill is usually the sign of an external interference. Wiping out to reinstall wouldn't fix the issue because the external factor is still there when use 1Password again. Are you using Sophos, any anti-malware solution, VPN, Proxy, or any tools that could interfere with local traffic between the 1Password extension and the 1Password mini?

2. Are you using Firefox? Also, are you double-clicking from the extension in Firefox or via the main 1Password app?

3. Open Activity Monitor.app from your Applications > Utilities folder, search for 1Password mini, is it there?

@MikeMIkeMike,

The troubleshooter doesn't show any problems. I've cleared the cache and restarted the helper. I would re-download 1P3 and reinstall, but I don't see it on the website.

The troubleshooting utility won't show you all of the problems, we only prompt on serious issue but the rest will require the CS team to analyze the problem and tell you what to do. Please forward the report to us at support@agilebits.com and we'll help you fix this.

You can download 3.8.21 here.

Note, that we do like to help you fix the problem in 1Password 4 first if you're willing to let us.

• MikeMikeMike
    MikeMikeMike
    Community Member

Submitted the info a week ago and still waiting for a reply. The plug-in doesn't work at all in Chrome anymore.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

For anyone reading this who really does want completely to uninstall 1P4 (to start over, for example), see this thread, in particular post #2 from @sjk, and the relevant link contained in it.

Stephen

• MikeMikeMike
    MikeMikeMike
    Community Member

Good news: I figured it out myself and the problem is fixed.
    Bad news: it required the use of the terminal and other advanced tools.

Basically, I found that the 1P4 helper app was still running via launchd. I removed it from launchd, then force quit the process via Activity Monitor. If you don't remove it from launchd first, it will keep restarting. I then did a full search of my drive and removed all traces of the app and emptied the trash.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hey guys,

Currently the Starting over KB article has similar instructions for uninstalling 1P4 (except its browsers extensions).

• amusedpen
    amusedpen
    Community Member

I am totally frustrated at this point. I, too, found 1P3 still on my computer after installing 1P4. I followed what I thought were the instructions, don't use a cleaner, simply trash 1P3 and the Safari extension and reboot. I did. Now the file is empty! Fortunately, I have a copy of the file I exported from 1P3. The bad news is the import button on 1P4 doesn't work (grey). What the hell happened to 1PW? It used to be this great little app for those of us who don't write code. Now it's a piece of X@$!. If I don't get an answer real quick, I'm going to start looking at the competition. All I wanted to do was set up on 3 computer on our LAN, and now I have a mess.

• Jasper
    edited December 2013

Hey @amusedpen,

Instructions to uninstall version 3 are here:

How to uninstall 1Password 3 when installing 4?

As you'll see there, you basically just remove the old browser extensions and move 1Password.app to the trash - which sounds like what you already did.

So just to be clear, when you now open 1Password 4, all your data is gone? Removing the 1Password 3 app from your Applications folder shouldn't have any affect on this. Version 4 stores its data in an SQlite database located at: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @amusedpen.

I'm sorry you've been having trouble with the 1Password 4 upgrade. If the instructions @JasperP mentioned haven't helped we'd like to work with you directly through email to get this straightened out right away. To do that please email a Diagnostics Report from your Mac; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.