Database file size difference, after changing folders

Options
Eduardo Martinez
Eduardo Martinez
Community Member
edited October 2013 in Mac

I upgraded to 4.0 and everything went ok for the most part. I put my keychain in ˜/Dropbox/Private/1Password and the file was 12.5MB, then I was told that in order for 1P/iOS to find the keychain in Dropbox it needs to be in ˜/Dropbox/1Password, so I changed the location in 1P4 Mac and it created a new keychain in said folder, but now the new file is 805KB, why the file size difference? I don't seem to find any difference between the data, including my vaults, they're all there (from what I can tell). But it seems strange that the original was about 12 times larger. Can somebody explain this?

Thanks.

Comments

• cyclistguy2
    cyclistguy2
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed this change too. When I had 1Password 4 re-create the keychain in dropbox, the total file size is half of what it was before. Everything appears to be there though.

• 1Password 3 used to store website icons and previews with the data. Version 4 stores the icons in the cache folder, outside the .agilekeychain to make syncing faster and avoid going over the 5GB iCloud storage limit.

This might explain the difference in size.

However, if you use attachments then please check the the items with attachments. We current have an issue related to attachment import and syncing in the Mac App Store version of the app.

• Eduardo Martinez
    Eduardo Martinez
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem Thanks for the info, I will double check my data and see if I had attachments in my old db.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Eduardo.

Just wanted you to know there's a fix for that attachment problem @roustem mentioned:

And a MAS version update which includes the fix was submitted to Apple a few days ago.

This discussion has been closed.