1Password & Custom Fields & Exporting to Text File

kenchen
kenchen
Community Member

Both Versions 3 and 4 of 1Password seem to have issues exporting password data to text files.

In Version 3, when exporting to text, 1Password exports all the data except for data in the custom fields. This is a large problem because there can be substantial data in the custom fields. In Version 4, 1Password doesn't have the option to export to text at all.

Will these issues be addressed in the future? Will Version 3 be able to export data stored in custom fields? Will Version 4 have the option to export data to text? I suppose the addition of the custom labeling feature in Version 4 makes it hard to create text files. But it's a good function to have.

Comments

• Hi @kenchen,

I'm not sure what you mean by custom fields in 1Password 3, 1Password 3 doesn't have custom fields. Custom fields is a new feature in 1Password 4. Are you talking about the All Fields in the Login items, that was recorded by the 1Password extension?

We're working on expanding the export formats/modules in 1Password 4, along with more import formats and full print support. It'll come in free updates to 1Password 4 in the near future.

• kenchen
    kenchen
    Community Member

The custom fields in Version 3 I'm talking about are what you call "web-form fields". I call them custom fields because I can enter additional data and label them any way I want, much the same way as it's done with the custom fields in Version 4. But in a previous post you seemed to say the web-form fields weren't meant to be used that way. Still, it would be nice to see the web-form fields be exported to text, along with the rest of the data that Version 3 already exports.

• Hi @kenchen,

I'll check with our team and see what we can do.

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention.

This discussion has been closed.