Ever since I "upgraded" to macOS Mohave 10.14.2 and to 1Password 7.2.4, automatic login not working

Big_Dave
Big_Dave
Community Member

Ever since I "upgraded" to macOS Mohave 10.14.2 and to 1Password 7.2.4, automatic login is not working. When I go to the login page on a website (doesn't matter what website, they are all acting the same) and I select the login from the 1Password browser icon on Safari 12.0.2, it fills in the user name and password, but I have to manually select login before it will actually login to the website. Prior to these "upgrades", the user ID and passwords would fill and it would automatically login to all but a very few websites. Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS 10.14.12
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 not automatically logging in

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Yes, that's due to a change by Apple to improve security. This question has been discussed in detail in several threads.

The option for automatic login won't be coming back because of Apple's changes. For most (but not all) sites, using the automatic fill (Cmd-) and then pressing Return (rather than using the mouse to select login) is a smooth approach, though it does have that one extra step.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Big_Dave: Indeed, autosubmit is gone. But in most cases, 1Password can leave focus on the password field after filling, and if the website allows it, Return will submit the form for you. It's just not tenable to continue having software send keystrokes like that going forward, as that can be easily misused.

• Big_Dave
    Big_Dave
    Community Member

OK.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.