1Password.ca redundancy

Options
Brownmbg
Brownmbg
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Business and Teams

Hello. I was wondering whether 1Password utilizes redundant AWS zones and load balancing, specifically as it pertains to the Canadian offering (1password.ca). We would consider this a requirement when deciding whether 1P for Business would work for our company. There isn't a ton of specific information on the security page.

Any details?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Brownmbg

I was wondering whether 1Password utilizes redundant AWS zones and load balancing, specifically as it pertains to the Canadian offering (1password.ca).

We do, yes. 1Password.ca is in the CA-Central AWS region which has multiple AZs. We also take advantage of Elastic Load Balancers. The best information we have publicly available on this is here:

Terraforming 1Password | 1Password

That said, it is also worth noting that every installation of 1Password has a local cache, so even in the rare event that we (or you) are offline it is still possible to access the latest cached data.

This page may also be of interest to you: https://1password.statuspage.io/

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Brownmbg
    Brownmbg
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Thank you sincerely! That's quite helpful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you're most welcome. Glad he was able to help! We're here if you have any other questions. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.