7.3.654 looks really slick

Options
pdutta
pdutta
Community Member
edited January 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Overall the app feels much more polished. The password display with different colors for alphabets, numbers and symbols (like iOS) is really good to have. Thanks Windows 1Password team!

Wishlist features:

• Basic Markdown support in Notes / Secure Notes would be really useful
  • The ability to diff vaults (or at least vault metadata excluding the contents of the password) - very useful in case of sync mishaps
  • I know it takes two taps to reveal the password on iOS, but in the past Windows needed one click to reveal the password, so currently it's regressed a bit.
  • Optionally use Consolas instead of the Courier-like font in use for password display?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @pdutta,

Thanks for the feedback.

Basic Markdown support in Notes / Secure Notes would be really useful

It's planned for sure but no ETA.

ref: opw/opw#2429

The ability to diff vaults (or at least vault metadata excluding the contents of the password) - very useful in case of sync mishaps

I'm not sure I understand, can you give us more details?

I know it takes two taps to reveal the password on iOS, but in the past Windows needed one click to reveal the password, so currently it's regressed a bit.

We do not plan to bring back the icons, folks have pointed out that they didn't know what the icons were. Switching to textual form would take up too much room, especially with translations and we'll be adding more options in a future update.

We'll try to find a way to reveal passwords without two clicks.

Optionally use Consolas instead of the Courier-like font in use for password display?

We'll consider it but we rather not embed more fonts and use our own custom password font as it is consistent on all platforms.

• dyl_
    dyl_
    Community Member
    Options

markdown support

Wow I never thought of that. That would be awesome. +1 for OPW-2429.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dyl_,

Basic Markdown support is already available in 1Password 7 for Mac, so we have plans to bring it to 1Password 7 for Windows as well. No ETA, but please stay tuned. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• pdutta
    pdutta
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everyone, sorry about the late response.

The ability to diff vaults (or at least vault metadata excluding the contents of the password) - very useful in case of sync mishaps

I'm not sure I understand, can you give us more details?

@MikeT - re diffing vaults, I meant being able to compare the contents of vaults. There's a discussion about this here, but also -- recently my phone had an issue syncing with Dropbox - it was unable to sync one item. I could see that my desktop had X+1 items whereas my phone had X items. I was eventually able to scroll through my items and discover that for some reason a Secure Note wasn't syncing. Eventually I disabled Dropbox Sync on my phone and set it up again, which fixed the problem. However, it'd be nice to compare Vaults to see what's different without having to scroll through everything.

• MikeT
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi @pdutta,

We'll keep that in mind, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.