Multiple clicks to fill password [Confirmed bug, fixed in 7.3.661.BETA]

Comments

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

When are you guys going to fix it?

• Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting this.

Just to make sure we understand the issue, you click on 1Password icon to select the item, it doesn't fill on the first click at all, it just stays up? For me, I select an item, 1Password mini disappears right away and fills. Double-click isn't supposed to exist in 1Password mini.

Note that 1Password 7.3 has support for opening in a new tab, current tab, new window. That could explain why it is opening in a new tab or window if you select a different item that doesn't match the current tab. You can change this by clicking on 1Password icon in your browser, click the setting icon on the bottom left and select Open logins in... and set it to current tab if you want the previous behavior.

We'll investigating why double-click occurs in 1Password mini in the first place.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If you press Enter instead of double-clicking, what happens?

• Hey folks,

Just an update, we're investigating and we think we know what it may be. We have noticed it happens more often if you switch views in 1Password mini. We think the pre-selection after changing views is leading to ignored clicks but that's the current leading theory for now.

• Hi @syntax53,

I see what you are talking about with the pre-selection but I also tried a site where I have multiple "exact matches" (different logons for the same site) and even if I choose one that isn't pre-selected it still has the problem.

Yes, we can see it with no pre-selection visible as well, which is also the same glitch because we have code to pre-select on every view (so you can easily hit enter when it is the first item of many). We're working on fixing this for the next update, but no ETA yet.

I made a video capture of the problem happening. Can you provide me an email address to send it to?

You can always email us at support@1Password.com but keep in mind that we have a max mail size of 20mb. It would be better to upload it to a secure cloud storage. It'll help us if you can include the link to this thread in your email, so we can connect the dots.

However, you don't have to email us the video, I am able to reproduce it and it is an issue with the mouse clicks only.

• Hi @syntax53,

It is up to you, we're always happy to have more data. I just don't want you to go through more hassles than you have right now but if it is done and you want to send it, we're happy to take it and add it to our issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I am not able to replicate the issue by using the enter key, other than perhaps trying to press it too quickly.
    edit: Just to clarify, it seems to fill the login info consistently if I use the enter key. Of course this is only a solution if the pre-selected item is the one you want AND you actually like using keyboard shortcuts with 1password (even though I'm a huge fan of keyboard shortcuts I find them more of a nuisance when it comes to web browsing).

@syntax53: Thanks for clarifying! I don't disagree. Just trying to narrow it down further. Greatly appreciated. :)

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly
    Community Member

@Greg @bundtkate I have one other observation today that may or may not be useful. It doesn't seem to matter whether I open the extension window using either the CTRL - ALT - \ method or clicking on the extension icon. Using either option, once the window is open, hitting ENTER on the highlighted entry fills the password every time.

I didn't know if it was clear from the above discussions that the combination of extension icon following by ENTER also works consistently. But that sure seems to point to the mouse click action on the entry being the issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! Someone else confirmed that as well. That may help us narrow down the cause. :)

• Hi guys, just an update; we've identified the cause and has fixed it internally. We're still testing but hope to have this out in the next stable update.

We'll follow up here when we have a beta build that you can help test with if you're willing to confirm it for us.

• I've merged two related threads into this thread, just to explain why there are more posts than there before.

• Hi @syntax53,

We got your video, thanks. It's definitely something we believe we have fixed.

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

You guys re starting to loose my trust at fixing the click issue with 1PW Mini. When are we going to have an update to this? One of your team members says to just press the enter key. Are you guys being serious? We have reported this issue for weeks now and still no update? GEEZ!!! We are all irritated on the lack of support. Fix the click issue!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• MikeT
    edited January 2019

Hi @toobs,

We do apologize for the issue, it wasn't until yesterday we were able to reproduce it on our own machines and fixed it. Right now, we're testing the fix to make sure it doesn't have any side effects.

It'll be in the next stable update but we don't have a timeframe as it is based on our internal testing.

As for the teammate's statement, I am sure they didn't suggest to simply press the enter key to ignore the issue. We were trying to figure out if it is simply the click that is being ignored by confirming the enter key is working properly. For now, that is a workaround but the fix is coming as I aid.

PS: I've merged your post into this thread.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Btw @toobs I don't know who you are referring to by "We", but it's certainly not me. I too had this problem, but a) AB provided a workaround that does the trick for me and b) I do have trust in them fixing the issue eventually and c) if there is something I have never experienced in all years using 1Password, it's a lack of support.

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly
    Community Member

I echo @Manaburner sentiment 100%. I find it so refreshing on a support forum that someone actually responds to an issue you posted in less than 24 hrs, most typically much sooner than that. Unlike Microsoft that will post some stock comment from their help documentation (which you have almost always already tried), and then disappear under a desk somewhere never to be heard from again.

In fact, a friend of mine recently inquired about a password manager and I recommended 1Password to him, with one of my "selling points" being the great support given here. My tip o' the hat to 1Password support.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

@Manaburner. @l610024: Thanks for the kind words! We're not perfect, and I'll be the first to admit that we're not always able to get back to everyone within 24 hours, but we're always working to improve things for all of our awesome customers. :)

@toobs: Context is important. As Mike mentioned already, we're testing a potential fix. If you'd like to try it once we have a beta, let us know. Otherwise you'll receive any update when it's released to everyone. I'm sorry we're not always able to identify issues and get them fixed as quickly as we'd all like, but we'd rather take the time to get it right and not introduce further issues if at all possible. Either way, we're on the case. :sunglasses:

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly
    Community Member

@brenty I'd be happy to test the beta. I think I might already be set up to automatically receive beta's but I can't remember.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@l610024: Great! We'll get in touch when we have something for you. It's always good to get confirmation, rather than having to just cross our fingers. :)

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

@brenty , sign me up to be a beta tester too. Thanks!

• Thanks guys!

We will be updating this thread as we proceed with the development. We are hoping to have the first beta out within the week.

• It'll be available to everyone in the public beta program very soon.

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi guys,

We've just shipped 7.3.661 Beta 1 update with the fix for the first click issue in 1Password mini; please give it a try and let us know how it turns out.

• saturnonearth
    saturnonearth
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

The beta seems to have fixed it for me.

This discussion has been closed.