1Password7 with Firefox

Options
jpanderson
jpanderson
Community Member

Hi all!

I've just started using 1Password7 after using the original 1Password for a long time. I know installing the Safari extension required installing the Mac App. I wanted to give Firefox another shot, though, and I've struggled to get the extension working. I can install the extension just fine, but it doesn't seem to be aware of the desktop app. Presumably this is because it's not 1Password but 1Password 7. Is there a way to get the extension working in Firefox with 1Password 7?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @jpanderson -- and to 1Password 7! Leaving aside Safari for the moment (which uses Apple's new Safari App Extension format that no other browser uses), all other browsers (and recent versions of 1Password) use a variant of the same extension you've always used. Based on what you've shared in terms of your system, the 4.7.3.90 version is the correct one. Have you restarted Firefox? That shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes can be helpful. If you've already restarted both 1Password and Firefox since beginning this process, then the next steps would be to make sure the extension is not just installed but active in Firefox (if you can see it in Firefox's toolbar, it's active). Beyond that, make sure that both 1Password and Firefox are located in your main Applications folder. As of version 7, 1Password is a fully-sandboxed app and thus requires that it and any browsers it works with be located in /Applications and not anywhere else on your hard drive. Could that be the problem?

• jpanderson
    jpanderson
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Sorry for the late delay. I'm not sure what it was, but restarting both Firefox + 1Password 7 didn't do it. However, restarting my entire computer did. I really should've tried that first, so thank you for all the detailed things to check as well as the patience.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jpanderson - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I'm glad I was able to help you get things squared away. Please let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

This discussion has been closed.