Dropbox sync issue between Windows and Mac persists

benfdc
benfdc
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Just had another instance of a problem I reported a while back.

Created a new generated password in 1P/Win beta.

The entry did not appear in 1P/Mac.

Checked the .html file on dropbox.com, and the entry was present.

Cleared 1P/Mac cache via Help/Troubleshooting and the entry appeared.

Question remains why it is necessary to clear the cache.

Am running 1P/Mac 3.2.5 under Leopard on an iMac G5 and the current Windows beta under Vista.

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Hi, benfc!

I'm sorry that this is still a problem. I've tried to repeat the problem, but I haven't succeed in that yet. (There are still a few more ways and combinations for me to try). In forthcoming updates we will be make improvements in how 1Password on various platforms signal that something has changed, specifically to improve Dropbox syncing.

I will continue to try to test this and I'm letting Stefan and Chad know about this so they can be sure that 1Password on Mac and 1Password on Windows talk to each other properly via Dropbox.

If other people are experiencing the same sorts of problems, please do let us know.

Cheers,

-j
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    I wanted to add that from 1Password on Mac's perspective, there is no difference between a new file appearing on Dropbox from another Mac, Windows PC, or an iOS device. We watch the entire data file folder and should be notified whenever a new file appears.

With that said, we had instances where we get too many file notifications and need to throttle them. This seems to be an OS X issue as we would get repeated notifications for something that never changed. Sadly we haven't found a way around it yet other than to throttle the reload operation. If this is your issue, you should see some messages in the Library > Logs > 1Password > 1Password.log file that mention a reload is being delayed.

The other thing I wanted to ask is how long do you wait between making the change on Windows and viewing the data on Mac?
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    dteare wrote:
    The other thing I wanted to ask is how long do you wait between making the change on Windows and viewing the data on Mac?

Don't recall. But when I tried this again today, the new entry (this one was a software license) did show up an hour or so later on my Mac. Incidentally, I just noticed that 1P/Win doesn't implement the "duplicate" function that is Command-D on 1P/Mac. Tsk, tsk!!!
This discussion has been closed.