Can't get 1password to work in Chrome, can't uninstall

Hi all,

I deleted and rebuilt my default profile in Chrome but now I can't get the 1password extension to work. It says it can't connect to the helper tho the Safari extension works fine.

Also when I uninstall the extension from Chrome I note the 1password application still says it is installed.

Any thoughts as to what may be going on here?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2012
    Are you using the default profile folder location?

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
  • khad wrote:

Are you using the default profile folder location?

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

I assume its the default, ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome.:(

Also, I forgot to mention, this is 1password 3.9.3 so I don't have a Diagnostics Report option under Troubleshooting :(. Also note, am running Chrome Dev too.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2012
    To generate a Diagnostics Report for 1Password 3.9 from the Mac App Store, you'll need to download our standalone tool:

http://cdn.agilebits...bleshooting.zip

This is the 1Password Troubleshooting application. It's in zip format, so after downloading it your browser may have expanded it for you, or you may need to do so by double-clicking on it using the Finder. You should end up with the 1Password Troubleshooting application -- ready to run. You can move it to any location you normally keep software, or leave it where it is for a quick run.

Launch the 1Password Troubleshooting application and you should see some tabs near the top of the window. Please click on the Diagnostics Report tab heading, and then click on the "Create Report" button. Within a few seconds, a pretty blue image should appear -- indicating the report is ready (this is just like the Diagnostics Report option in prior versions of 1Password for Mac). There's now an Export button you can use to save the report and then attach it to an email to us: support AT agilebits.com

Once we see the report we should be able to help more. In the meantime, try using the current stable version of Chrome and see if that helps. That could help narrow down the source of the trouble.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.
  • khad wrote:

To generate a Diagnostics Report for 1Password 3.9 from the Mac App Store, you'll need to download our standalone tool:

http://cdn.agilebits...bleshooting.zip

Ah yes, I knew that app was available somewhere.

Report created and sent, and I'll try out -stable chrome here shortly.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks! We'll reply as soon as possible. Let me know if things are working better in Chrome stable.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for sending in the report. I can see from the report that you may have your Chrome profile folder located in a nonstandard location. According to the report, this location does not exist:

~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions

As such, there are very many errors like this in 1Password's logs:

[31141] Wed Jan 25 10:33:17 2012| Error examinining Google Chrome Databases.db file: strings: can't open file: ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/databases/Databases.db (No such file or directory)

At this time 1Password only supports Chrome profiles located in the default location. We are working to re-architect things to accommodate some variation here, but at the moment you'll need to ensure that you are using the default location.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.
This discussion has been closed.