1Password Helper Blocking Update on Macbook Pro Running Mojave

Each time 1Password needs to be update I have to disable the Helper in 1Password Preferences/Browser. If I don't I get a continuous message saying 1Password cannot be running for the upgrade to proceed. Is there a fix for this as I need to keep the Helper running to effectively use Safari and it is a pain to keep unchecking and rechecking it for every upgrade.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Diamondback26

Do you recall which version of 1Password you most recently updated from? We corrected an issue like this in v7.2, but you'd have to have been updating from that version or greater in order to see the fix. Also please note that this only affects Mac App Store updates... the version of 1Password downloaded from our website does not have this issue. If it continues for you and you'd rather not wait for us to investigate a fix you can potentially work around this by downloading 1Password from us directly.

Ben

• Hi Ben,

I have been updating the app from the Mac App Store. I cannot remember which version I originally updated from but I am on the latest App Store version of the app. I have been having this issue for the last three to four updates.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks @Diamondback26. If at all possible please let us know ASAP if you notice this difficulty with the next update. Since this should've been fixed for updates after v7.2 if the next one has these same symptoms then we'll need to re-evaluate that fix.

Ben

• Thanks Ben. Will do.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks. :+1: :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file