Upgraded to SSD now it's asking me for a license?

Bought app way back in 2014 via the App Store. What ever updates came over the App Store those were set on auto install. Over the last few days I upgraded my HD to a SSD and did a fresh install of Mojave instead of using time machine or cloning the drive, now it's asking me for a license. In my iTunes history it shows a version from 2014, when I tried this it keeps saying 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini.

All I want to do is go back to the way it was, I was happy with it. How do I do this?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@barbarino351: Indeed, if you did a fresh install, a license won't be there unless you copy it over and register the app with it. However, I wonder if you even have a license. Did you purchase 1Password from us directly, through our website, or from the Mac App Store? A purchase through Apple would be tired to your Apple ID< so there's no license in that case. Check your email for the receipt, as you'll have one either way and that will tell you where you need to be installing from. Let me know what you find!

• edited January 11

[App Store purchase receipt removed]

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks @barbarino351. That receipt is for 1Password v5 for Mac from the Mac App Store. I've removed the specifics from your post as this is a public forum. That purchase is valid for 1Password up through v6 from the Mac App Store. It isn't valid for v7, and won't work with 1Password when downloaded from our website. 1Password 6 has been retired at this point and is no longer being updated. Considering that we can't really recommend its continued use. That said, as long as it still works for you, you're welcome to do so. You'd need to download 1Password 6 for Mac from the Mac App Store in order to do so. Apple has instructions on how to do that available here:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

The best way forward would be to upgrade to a 1Password membership, which is going to include the latest version (v7 currently) of 1Password. You can read more about what membership offers here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to go that route migration instructions are available here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• edited January 11

Update, I'm up and running back to normal. Having both versions jacked up my Mac, but I figured it out..

Thanks

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for the update @barbarino351. I'm glad to hear you've got things sorted. If you've settled on 1Password 6 for Mac for now I would only recommend that as a temporary solution. As a reminder that version will not be updated further.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file