Chromium based filling problem in google based sites.

Options

Hi,

In Chromium browsers (Opera, Chrome) there is annoying bug for Gmail, Google ads site (And probably other sites where Google signin required). Whenever i want to fill via 1password mini, I click the credential. Nothing happens in google login screen. Then I reload the page, and click again. This time it fills. How can i solve that? (this isn't happening in Safari)

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Wi-fi

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @auludag,

Just to ensure my attempts to reproduce this effect mimic yours as closely as possible are you saying that you see this with the following steps?

1. Manually visit https://accounts.google.com
    2. Click the 1Password button in the browser toolbar.
    3. 1Password displays matching items, you select one listed below the search field in 1Password mini.
    4. 1Password mini disappears but nothing fills.
    5. You reload the page using the browser's reload button.
    6. The field fills.

Is that accurate?

• auludag
    auludag
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

@littlebobbytables, indeed. mostly chrome.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @auludag,

Sadly even testing with 1Password 6 I haven't been able to reproduce the issue and it isn't one that I remember hearing about in the past either. I have no idea if you will see any difference but could you try the following for me please and see.

1. Visit https://accounts.google.com/
    2. Copy and paste your username and proceed to the password stage.
    3. Copy and paste your password but before you sign in, manually save an entirely new Login item for your Google account. I'm thinking of the steps we detail on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. Don't worry that I'm asking you to do this on the password stage, due to how Google designed the page 1Password 6 will detect the username correctly.
    4. Retry my steps from the previous post and see if the new Login item also displays the same odd behaviour. I'm guessing you may need to test a few times if the issue is sporadic at all in when it occurs.
This discussion has been closed.