How do I get the 1 Password button back? It resided in the top right corner of the browser.

Options

I have lost the 1Password"button" that resided at the top right hand corner of my browser. When I clicked on it, it would open up 1Password and fill in the Username and Password of the website I was trying to access. How do I get this back? Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have lost the 1 Password button that use to reside in the top right corner of my browser.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @SheilaJDiMaggio,

It sounds like the extension is missing. With the exception of Safari 12 plus 1Password 7.2 for Mac (or newer) you will want to visit our "Downloads - 1Password" page and scroll past the first link that will be for either 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows. You will find two sets of links for installing the extension. Most likely you will want the links in the first group and to ignore the ones under the header of 1Password X.

If you have 1Password 7.2 for Mac or newer and we're talking about Safari it's a bit different because we've moved to using the Safari App Extension approach. You will find our extension is present in Safari if you open Safari's preferences and switch to the Extensions tab. It should be present but based on your description will be disable. You can enable it by the checkbox next to the title in the sidebar on the left.

If that doesn't help can you let us know the following details.

1. Is this macOS or Windows?
    2. What version of 1Password do you have?
    3. What browser do you prefer to use?

That will help ensure we can give slightly more focussed steps if needed.

This discussion has been closed.