what steps do I take to convert about 15 passwords from apple keychain to 1 password

steprpb
steprpb
Community Member

what specific steps do I take to get my url and current passwords into 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:what steps do I take to convert about 15 passwords from apple keychain to 1 password

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@steprpb ,

Do you have them syncing with a mac desktop system?

Otherwise, there's no way transfer those in iOS.

• steprpb
    steprpb
    Community Member

Ben,I have manually entered 76 logins and passwords on my MacBook Pro and all showed up on both my iPad and iPhone. when I use either my phone or iPad I cannot connect?????? Can you please helps I have wasted/invested lots of time trying to get this setup and thought I was there, but no! Rich

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Syncing 1Password on iPhone XS and iPad.
  • @steprpb

I'd be happy to help but I'm unclear about what you mean when you say you "cannot connect." Could you please elaborate on:

1. What steps you're taking (walk me through it, start with launching the 1Password app)
    2. What you're expecting to happen
    3. What happens instead of what you expected
    4. Are you getting an error message? If so what is the exact wording of that error?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Ben

• steprpb
    steprpb
    Community Member

Ben,I have manually entered 76 logins and passwords on my MacBook Pro and all showed up on both my iPad and iPhone. when I use either my phone or iPad I cannot connect?????? Can you please helps I have wasted/invested lots of time trying to get this setup and thought I was there, but no! Rich

• steprpb
    steprpb
    Community Member

BTW, I am running updated software (as of today on all 3 Apple devices as of today. Rich

• @steprpb

Please see my reply above.

Ben

• Andrew_Lapadat
    Andrew_Lapadat
    1Password Alumni

Hi @steprpb - MrC is correct. Unfortunately there is no way to directly import from iCloud Keychain on iOS directly, it will have to be done manually.

• steprpb
    steprpb
    Community Member

Ben, thanks for your follow up. I disabled Safari for logins and passwords before starting with 1Password per the instructions and entered each of my 76 passwords individually using 1Password. This was done on my Mac Book Pro. I then synced both my iPhone and iPad which showed all 76 passwords transferred to both devices. Unfortunately, all showed up but could not transfer any logins or passwords so they worked. Today I have reviewed all passwords and logins on my MacBook and those are working great, but the ones on my iPad and iPhone are not. Hopefully you can help as I have invested about all the time possible on this project. Thanks and let me know if you have questions or suggestions. Rich

• steprpb
    steprpb
    Community Member

Thanks, I am aware of that so I disabled my passwords from Safari and used my MacBook Pro to enter all passwords (site by site). That worked fine untiled I synched my MacBook (where I had my new passwords) to my iPhone and iPad. The synch worked as expected, but NONE of the new 1Password will open the sites. Hoping there is a solution due to the number of hours I have invested!!!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@steprpb ,

I think you may be causing yourself some pain. I had asked above if you had a Mac Desktop system, but received no response. Since you are syncing your Safari passwords (via iCloud), we could have imported those from your Mac into 1Password for Mac. No manual re-entering of website/username/passwords would have been required.

I think those of us who are trying to help/guide you, may be uncertain as to the state of your data in 1Password (vs. Safari, iCloud Keychain, etc.).

So I'll ask one question to set a baseline.

In the Mac desktop version of 1Password, pick one of your Logins - when you click the Open and Fill, does it open the site and fill the username and password?

Please also provide the information requested when you first posted (about all your devices w/1Password in use) :

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• steprpb
    steprpb
    Community Member

My wife has been ill for the last 2 days and I have had limited time to respond. I hope these are the answers you need and glad to provide additional if needed.
    1) My MacBookPro has filled each of the 75 Password entries (as I read I choose to have P-1 fill all entries instead of Safari) All 75 entries were filled by P-1 and tested (have not used WatchTower to upgrade the actual logins). 1P version is v7.2.4. My MacBook Pro is running Mojave 10.14.2. My iPhone is an 8 Plus and auto updates (last was iOS 12.1.3) which is the same as my iPad. If I missed anything, pls advise and many thanks for your offer to help.

• Hi @steprpb

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, and for the delay in responding to this message for you. I'd like to help but I have to admit I'm having a hard time following the conversation here. I'm not understanding what the current state is / remaining issues are.

• Could you please explain what "P-1" is and how it relates to this conversation?
    • Do you have all of your data imported into 1Password at this point?
    • Can you please confirm that all of your data is correctly synced between your Mac, iPhone, and iPad?

Also I hate to have to ask you to do so at this stage but could you please reiterate what the remaining issues are? What can we help with?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.