Question

Options
Ottofant
Ottofant
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

I can't move items to an other category. I use 1Password 7, Version 7.2.4 . When I open an item I have only the choice: news or AirDrop or print.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54)
Sync Type: WLAN

ref: UNA-44516-173

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Ottofant! I'm sorry for the confusion. Categories are fixed templates. You can move any item between vaults, and even between accounts (if you have more than one), but you can't make a Login item into a Bank Account or a Passport, for example. This is due to the fact that each item type (category) has specialized layout, and the fields are different for each one. If I'm misunderstanding what you're asking or trying to do here, can you elaborate? Thanks. :)

• Ottofant
    Ottofant
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Thank you for your answer Lars. I understand that 1Password doesn't allow to move / assign a Login item to another category because the fields in other categories are different so that an allocation is not possible. That means I have to delete the corresponding Login item in the Login category and enter that item into the category I want them to be stored / registered.

ref: UNA-44516-173

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ottofant - yes, that's what you'd have to do...but I'm a little curious: what do you want to "change categories" for? I've been using 1Password for years, and don't recall ever needing/wanting to make a Passport item into a Credit Card or anything similar. Are you willing to share your use-case with us, just so we can understand why you'd want to do this and whether we might be able to offer any assistance?

• Ottofant
    Ottofant
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your answer Lars. I understand that 1Password doesn't allow to move / assign a Login item to another category because the fields in other categories are different so that an allocation is not possible. That means I have to delete the Login item in the Login category and enter that item into the category I want them to be stored / registered.

• Ottofant
    Ottofant
    Community Member
    Options

That's very simple, I made a mistake in the beginning to allocate e.g. a notice item in the Login category and would like to reallocate that item now to the notice category.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ottofant - ah, OK -- gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me, and let us know if you have any other questions/issues! :)

This discussion has been closed.