1Password version that doesn't require downloading any software or apps?

I like to be prepared for future crazy events as much as I can. I guess I am a bit of a prepper, I just don't have an underground nuclear shelter in my back yard :) That being said, I have thought of a scenario whereby my belongings are stolen while on vacation, possibly alone in a foreign country. My safeguard to not die and get my life back, would be to access my 1Password vault via Dropbox over any internet connected computer in the world. That being said, my scenario plays out like this, all of my stuff is stolen, but I can still get back to my hotel and use the computer that many have in their business centers, however I would highly suspect that use of said machine would likely prevent me from downloading any kind of software and the local staff would likely be unable to change any of this. So the question is, "can I get to the information in my 1Password vault if I don't have any personal devices and can't download any apps or software to someone else's device?" From what I understand even the subscription version of this software requires software download for Windows? Any help/advise is appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

but I can still get back to my hotel and use the computer that many have in their business centers,

Danger, Will Robinson. You have no idea what malware is on some random computer.

If you have this type of concern, get a cheap second phone or tablet as your emergency backup, that you keep in an alternate location.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Karandash,

We never recommend using 1Password on random computers that do not belong to you. MrC is right, those computers might be infected with malware, so it is not safe to access your private information there.

As for your question at hand: theoretically, you can sign up for 1Password account, memorise all of your account credentials (including Secret Key), and access your data via web interface on 1Password.com in the browser on a computer, but again, I would not recommend you doing so.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we are always ready to answer all of them. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.