Deleted keychain error messages on my Mac took away 1touch option

Options
envisaging
envisaging
Community Member

I was getting error messages on my Mac that my keychain was messed up. Took it into the Genius Bar and they deleted all the keychain info. Since then I have not been able to log in to 1password using 1touch. I can log in with my master password (there is a delay every time I hit the icon for the app to come up) and have enabled the allow 1touch, but it still doesn't come up as an option.

Suggestions?

1Password Version: 1password 7
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Keychain cleared on Mac. 1 touch no longer appears

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@envisaging - I'm sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately, if you (or the Apple folks) have been messing around with your keychain, you've likely severed the connection between the Secure Enclave Processor and 1Password. The only way we've found to fix this is by geting rid of the existing keychain, and letting macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) create a new keychain for you. This will "reset" the broken parts of the interaction between the keychain and the Secure Enclave Processor, and you should be able to use Touch ID with 1Password again. We'll need to do this in the Terminal, which is in the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder.

WARNING - only do the following if you have made a FULL backup of your hard drive first; this will destroy all keychain data and re-create the keychain:

• Open Terminal and enter this command: sudo mv ~/Library/Keychains ~/Desktop
    • Restart your Mac.

If I were you, I'd keep the moved keychain folder on your desktop or elsewhere for a while, just in case you need to recover any of its data. Let me know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.