To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

i can not locate my secret key. no emergency kit and the instructions to locate it don't work

dan:
dan:
Community Member

1password is not syncing with dropbox and i am attempting to sign into my account but need my secrete code.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i can not locate my secret key. no emergency kit and the instructions to locate it don't work

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You don't give any information about what version of 1PW and what OS, which makes it very difficult to help you.

Do you actually have an account? Accounts only exist if you have a subscription, not when you have a stand-alone licence. And the secret key and emergency kit don't exist with a licence. And Dropbox sync is only needed with the licence, with a sub syncing is automatic.

It is possible that you are trying to log in to an account even though you only have a licence, but we do need to know more about your situation.

• Thank you @danco. :+1:
    As Danco has mentioned, @dan:, it could well be possible that you are looking to sign in to a 1Password account you do not have yet.
    There is an easy way to remedy this, and that is to go ahead and create your own account at https://1password.com/sign-up/

As you are currently not syncing with Dropbox, it would be easier for you to create your account, sign into that new account with each of your devices and move your data to vaults stored within that account. Everything will be kept up-to-date for you, backed up and you'll benefit from many wonderful features you'll gain. Take a look at https://support.1password.com/why-membership to see some of what I mean. My own personal favourite feature is with our family accounts, it makes keeping important things secret for my Wife and I, while still being able to have our own personal vaults where we keep things that we don't need to share.

Let me know if you would like any help getting started with your own 1Password account. :+1: I'd be happy to assist

This discussion has been closed.