Icon in Vivaldi greyed out and no symbols in fields?

Options

I started my 30 days trial of "1Password", installed the desktop app and the browser extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk) in Vivaldi browser.

I'm wondering that the icon of the extension is greyed out.

But it is working. When opening a website and clicking on the icon the correct login is found.

When disabling and enabling the extension the icon looks good.

But changing the website or restarting Vivaldi greys out the icon.

Furthermore there are no icons shown behind the fields.

But clicking the icon and selecting the correct login works and the fields are filled out.

Is this a bug or a feature of the Vivaldi extension?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DenalB,

The most common cause for issues with Vivaldi is specific to macOS only, I haven't seen many issues in the recent past on Windows. I think I would like to review a diagnostic report if you're happy to do so. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password. The steps for Windows assume 1Password for Windows is installed and accessible as you create the diagnostic report from within the application itself (not in the browser).

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Thanks for your help @littlebobbytables . :)

I just sent the e-mail and got the following ticket ID: [#CNC-12549-447]

After sending the e-mail I installed "1Password X" and there are no problems. Everything looks good and works fine. The icon is active in the browser and the icon is shown at the end of all the fields.

That's what the "normal" extension should look like too. ;)

Hope you will find what the problem is.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @DenalB. I'll jump in because I'm both a Windows and Vivaldi user. :)

The standard 1Password extension is different than 1Password X, so I want to make sure you have the right expectations:

• The icon for the standard extension is gray. When you first activate the extension, it'll be colored until you tab away from it, but should remain gray afterwards.
    • The standard extension doesn't display the icon or the menu on the field. This is a 1Password X feature.

If filling works normally (and it seems it does), the behavior you described is expected. I've taken a look at the diagnostics report you sent us, and it seems like everything's in order. However, if filling doesn't work at all, let me know and I'd be happy to take another look. :)

Slightly unrelated, but I recommend using only one of the extensions at a time. Please note that 1Password X is a standalone extension that (at the moment) doesn't communicate directly with the app, which means that unlocking one doesn't unlock the other. I personally use 1Password X exclusively, but I encourage you to experiment and see what works for you best.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi @ag_sebastian .

"The icon for the standard extension is gray. When you first activate the extension, it'll be colored until you tab away from it, but should remain gray afterwards."
    Ok, so no bug. Good to know.

"The standard extension doesn't display the icon or the menu on the field. This is a 1Password X feature."
    Glad to hear that this is no bug.

"However, if filling doesn't work at all, let me know and I'd be happy to take another look."
    Filling works but only when clicking the icon in the top right of the browser or using the defined shortcut.

"I recommend using only one of the extensions at a time."
    That's exactly what I want to do. I only installed both extensions for testing the behaviour. ;)

"Please note that 1Password X is a standalone extension that (at the moment) doesn't communicate directly with the app..."
    On work I only use 1Password X, because I'm not allowed to install the desktop app. At home I'm using the desktop app together with the 1Password extension. I would love to switch to 1Password X completely, when it is able to communicate with the desktop app. Can I post a feature request for this feature? Or is it on the to-do list already? :)

Thanks and best regards
    Dennis

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DenalB,

I apologise for not correctly picking up on some of the details you clearly supplied in your first post. That one is on me.

The idea of allowing 1Password X to unlock with 1Password for Mac/Windows is one we're looking into as many are keen to have it, probably those lucky enough to have a MacBook that has Touch ID :wink: I don't have anything I can share at the moment but I can at least say there is interest both from our users and internally. All I can say is watch this space :smile:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables .

"That one is on me."
    No problem. ;)

"I can at least say there is interest both from our users and internally. All I can say is watch this space"
    I will do... :)

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I definitely want to see this happen as well, and will run down the corridor and shout "IT WORKS! MAGIC!" excitedly when it does. My neighbors will love me. ;)

This discussion has been closed.