Duplicate vaults between iPhone and Family vault

Ian_Hargest
Ian_Hargest
Community Member

I'm hoping that someone out here might have some suggestions on how to rectify this self-inflicted problem. When I recently setup my family account, I did copy my original Primary vault from my iPhone (sync'ed via iCloud) to my 1Password family vault (Personal).
I have since realized that I now have two different vaults containing similar, but not identical login information. My MacBook Pro laptop has been syncing with the family (Personal) vault, while my phone the Primary vault which is still syncing with iCloud. Of course, in the intervening time before noticing this 'oops', I have updated login information both via phone and laptop.
Short of manually comparing the contents of each vault, one item at a time, is there something I can do to streamline the process?

Thanks! // Ian

MacBook Pro running:
1Password 7.2.4
MacOS Mojave 10.14.2

iPhone X running:
1Password 7.2.5
iOS 12.1.2

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019

Hi @Ian_Hargest

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. It sounds as though you may have missed the step of the migration guide for deleting the Primary vault. Unfortunately there isn't really an easier way than you mentioned for finding the items that have been added / changed in the Primary vault. Once you have found them and moved them over to the Personal vault you can find instructions on deleting the Primary vault here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

(you can skip the first step if you're already signed in)

I'm sorry I don't have a more convenient answer to share. We have an improvement request open to see about adding sorting options to 1Password for iOS. This would allow item lists to be sorted by last modification. I'll add a note to that request that it would've helped make this a bit easier for you. Hopefully that is something we can get added, but in this case I wouldn't recommend waiting to resolve this issue until it is.

Ben

ref: apple-2392

• Ian_Hargest
    Ian_Hargest
    Community Member

Thanks! I need to purge unused stuff anyway :)

• You're very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• Ian_Hargest
    Ian_Hargest
    Community Member

Ben - Finally got it done, everything manually merged... Cheers!

• Awesome. Thanks for the update. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to make the process a little more smooth but I'm glad to hear it worked out for you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.