master password doesn't work

Sophia0411
Sophia0411
Community Member

I am now in the 1 month trial with a subscription after the trial, but can't log in. I don't know the secret key since I downloaded the app from App store. I changed my master password three times but still doesn't work. I go to "Account" and it says "We found 1 account" with my email address. But my master password doesn't work to sign in. I don't have the emergency kit since I downloaded it from the app store.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: OS Majave 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:masterpassword

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Sophia0411! I'm sorry for the trouble. Downloading from the Mac App Store doesn't have anything to do with your Secret Key; it's not a serial number or license key. Instead, it's part of your 1password.com membership account. When you first signed up, you would've received this Secret Key -- it would have been generated for you automatically. And you'd have been prompted to save your Emergency Kit, which has your sign-in details (except Master Password). If you no longer have the Secret Key, you won't be able to access your account in the future. Are you signed into your account now, within 1Password on any of your devices?

• Sophia0411
    Sophia0411
    Community Member

Thank you, Lars, for replying me. No, I haven't been able to sign into my account on any of my devices. The website and the app boto keep saying the account exists, but I can't access to it. And I didn't remember saving Emergency Kit. I searched my download folder, but it is not there, either.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Sophia0411 - if that's the case, then you'll need to delete your account. That's not something we handle in this public forum, but I see you've already sent in an email to our support team as well. Let's continue the conversation that way.

• agupta
    agupta
    Community Member

I am running into the same problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @agupta! I'm sorry for the trouble! Without a little more information, however, it'll be difficult for us to help you determine what's wrong and how we might help you. Can you tell us specifically what the problem you're having is, along with your macOS version, 1Password version and any other information you think might be relevant? Thanks! :)

• agupta
    agupta
    Community Member

So I registered for 1password and i have my master password but i had not logged in anywhere. I didn't know i needed to download the emergency kit. I don't know how else to get my secret key and i don't want to delete my account cause i've already paid for it. Is there any work around?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@agupta - first of all, don't worry about the finance aspect of it. Even if you have to wind up deleting the account and creating a new one, we're not going to make you "eat" the remainder of your balance on the existing account. Once we get you squared away, we'll credit any remaining balance, if necessary.

With regard to the actual account itself, if you have a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams (or 1Password Business) account, you may be able to have an Administrator (or Family Organizer) help you recover your account. If it's just you in an Individual account or you're the only admin, and you do not have your Secret Key, then you won't be able to "save" your account, since you need both the Master Password and the Secret Key to sign in on any new device. If that's the case, please send an email to sales@1password.com and include a link to this thread, so we can "connect the dots" and get you the help you need. Thanks. :)

• agupta
    agupta
    Community Member

We never signed in anywhere. I've tried everything, I'll just email sales! Thank you so much.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@agupta - that sounds like the best option: sales@1password.com -- you can include a link to this thread, if you like, to give them some context. One of the team will be with you as quickly as possible.

This discussion has been closed.