Cannot import ".1pif" folders to 1Password 7.2.4

dclewis55
dclewis55
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

I cannot import a 2-record ".1pif" folder into 1Password 7.2.4. I can select ("Open") the folder to be imported, but then the process just hangs.
This procedure worked in previous 1Password versions without a problem.
I'm using MacOS 10.14.2, and 1Password from the Mac App Store, on an iMac.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dclewis55 - how are you attempting to import? In the File > Import menu, you should be choosing the "other" option, then making sure to use the .1pif option, not the CSV option. Is that what you're doing?

• dclewis55
    dclewis55
    Community Member

Thank you, it worked.

Is there a better way to transfer records between two users of 1Password 7?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dclewis55 - glad to hear that worked for you. In terms of a better way, it depends upon how these two users are connected. If you have co-workers or family members with whom you regularly share (or would like to share) data, then either a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account will be both far easier and much more secure than exporting a .1pif file every time you want to share items. Remember, .1pif files are unencrypted, so make sure you destroy the actual file on your desktop or downloads folder after you successfully import, otherwise that data will be laying around in readable form.

If the other users you're referring to are in the same vicinity as you (like: on the same wi-fi network), you can use Air Drop, and if everyone is an Apple device user, you can use Messages. Can you tell us a little more about your use-case? How often do you need to do this? Do you need to keep certain items actually in sync between yourself and one or more other users? Or do you just occasionally send people things?

This discussion has been closed.