Question about 1Password in app browser

Options
Daino92
Daino92
Community Member

Hello all. My question is in regards to the in app web browsing in the iOS app. How’s is this different from using chrome on my phone or safari? Would you recommend using one over the others, or which option is more secure? I’d like to keep the authorized decides I use as 1Password with as small as possible.

Thanks so much!!

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Daino92

For the best 1Password experience I'd recommend using Safari in conjunction with the iOS 12 Password AutoFill feature:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If you'd like to up the security of that a little bit you can enable the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Always show lock screen for Password AutoFill. That will cause the Password AutoFill feature to respect the locking settings you have set in 1Password (under 1Password > Settings > Security). I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Daino92
    Daino92
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply! For clarity’s sake; that means @Ben you are not recommending the in app browser but instead the safari app?

Thanks for the quick reply. The customer service of 1Password is unlike anything I’ve seen in a tech company with as many end users as you all have. Just wanted to say thanks for the support I’ve had. Definitely doing a good job at keeping me as a long time customer.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply!

You're very welcome.

For clarity’s sake; that means @Ben you are not recommending the in app browser but instead the safari app?

That is correct. The primary reason the in-app browser (1Browser) still exists is because it is used for our "Go & Fill" function. This is what happens when you tap on a website field on a Login item. Other than that, generally, Safari is going to provide a better experience.

The customer service of 1Password is unlike anything I’ve seen in a tech company with as many end users as you all have. Just wanted to say thanks for the support I’ve had. Definitely doing a good job at keeping me as a long time customer.

Many thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear it. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.