PIN option but not Touch ID

This discussion was created from comments split from: Pin security.

Comments

• mkassarjian
    mkassarjian
    Community Member

I would love to have Touch ID enabled for 1Password on my iPhone. I am using an iPhone6 with IOS 12.1.12 running 1Password Version 7.2.5. I have Touch ID enables and it works fine for other apps.

I open 1Password and press Settings / Security and I see options for Lock on Exit, Auto-Lock, and PIN Code (among others) on the screen. No option for Touch ID. Why not?

So I try the "PIN Code" option on this screen instead -- second best to Touch ID, but still much better than entering the full master password every time I want to 1Password to fill in the userid and password for a website. But when I try to turn PIN Code on, I get the message "1Password encountered a problem. To use a PIN Code to unlock 1Password, please enable device Passcode in iPhone Settings". I don't know what that means -- what am I supposed to do?

• Hi @mkassarjian

Do you have PIN Code enabled in 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security? If so please try disabling that.

Ben

• mkassarjian
    mkassarjian
    Community Member

The screen for "1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security" is literally blank -- just a white screen. Thinking something may be damaged with the app, I deleted the 1Password app
    and re-downloaded it. Of course I also rebooted my phone. See screenshot.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/gs/28akgv6zzjik.jpg

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mkassarjian - that's definitely not right. Please restart 1Password for iOS by swiping it up off the Applications menu and restart it from your device's home screen. Return to Settings > Advanced > Security and see if there's any change. Thanks.

• mkassarjian
    mkassarjian
    Community Member

I restarted 1Password for IOS as instructed above. Same result. For good measure I deleted the app, and re-downloaded. Turned off iPhone and turned on again. Nothing worked.

Out of desperation, restored operating system on iPhone. Success! 1Password now works as expected with both Touch-ID and PIN.

• I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution, @mkassarjian. Thanks for the update.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.