To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Overcharged?

Options
amancay
amancay
Community Member

Everything I'm reading confirms that pricing is in USD... and yet when only $59.85 was originally authorized... why was I charge $60.45 in the end!?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:overcharged

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019
    Options

@amancay: Without any information, I have no way of knowing. And even if I did know, we cannot discuss sensitive account/payment details here in a public forum. Please send the details to sales@1password.com so we can look into it for you.

Edit: 60 cents seems odd, because tax would likely be much more than that. I wonder if your bank is charging some sort of fee on the transaction. Something to consider.

• amancay
    amancay
    Community Member
    Options

I came here per the website's directions... noting best to tweet or forum, vs email. shrug

• amancay
    amancay
    Community Member
    Options

of note, I live in a no tax state... plus the authorization should already include tax.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Again, I don't know where you live. And, like how I mentioned not discussing sensitive information about people's accounts and payment details here in public, that's also important for protecting privacy.

• scottelundgren
    scottelundgren
    Community Member
    Options

Also came here because the support website said to come to the forums first. Also charged the exact same amount. Also sent email to the support address noted in the thread.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019
    Options

@scottelundgren: We don't have a 60 cent surcharge for anything. Everyone is charged the same, apart from taxes -- and I'm not aware of any localities that have a 1% tax rate. Ultimately you'll need to get in touch with your bank to find out what this is about (my best guess would be foreign transaction -- we're based in Canada), but I'll follow up with you via email in case we need to exchange any account information.

ref: PLM-51613-419

• Ben
    Options

Indeed, as brenty mentioned, this is almost certainly a foreign transaction fee tacked on by your bank. We don't receive these fees, and have no way of knowing if your bank will or has added them. We only receive the amount we charge. Foreign transactions fees go to the bank. There are many cards that do not charge such fees. If you're shopping online, it may be worth looking into such a card.

If anyone has questions about charges they're seeing I'd recommend reaching out to sales@1password.com via email. As brenty also mentioned we're not able to review anyone's personal information in this public forum.

I hope that helps.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.