To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I cannot log into the 1password page even though I have my secret account key

Options
john
john
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Memberships

SO frustrated. I have my secret account key ( yes I entered it EXACTLY no mistakes ) same with my email address and master password yet your sites insists it's incorrect. I know it's correct as I printed out the page when I bought the program. That isn't the beginning of my problem. All I want to do is get my account synched on my imac ( I did a clean reinstall ) yet because you don't do online support or phone support I don't even know how to explain the issues easily.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: CUF-58885-538

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@john - I'm sorry for the trouble! If you've got an individual 1password.com account and you're attempting to sign in at https://my.1password.com, but you're being told the credentials are incorrect and you're certain you're entering both your Master Password and the Secret Key correctly from your Emergency Kit, then it sounds to me very much as if you might have inadvertently created two separate accounts at two different times. Could that be possible?

At the bottom of the page, try clicking "Sign into a different account" which should give you the full sign-in details page (email, Secret Key and Master Password), and making sure the Emergency Kit you're reading from is from the account you want to be using. Let me know if that works for you (or if it's not applicable).

• john
    john
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there thanks for your response. There isn't an option for sign into different account at the bottom of the page. There is " find my account " Have a team account and Create new account .

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@john - OK. That means you're already on the blank sign-in page. Can you tell me whether you do have more than one 1password.com account currently? Or have ever had another one in the past?

• john
    john
    Community Member
    Options

hi there I don't think I do. But my computer recently completely crashed and I'm getting it back up. I downloaded 1 password 7 so maybe thats what the issue is. I want to updated to the latest version.

• john
    john
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

I was running 1 password 6 before which i had purchased.

ref: CUF-58885-538

• Ben
    Options

You shouldn't have any problem using 1Password 7 with your membership. It is included. Could you please let me know if you have any devices that are currently able to access your 1Password account?

Ben

• john
    john
    Community Member
    Options

I use 1 password 6 on my macbook and with my imac I'm using 7 ( which I just installed ) that's it

• john
    john
    Community Member
    Options

so i have an account with two different email addresses my gmail account is under the newer one password 7 and the other email with my name is under onepassword 6.

• john
    john
    Community Member
    Options

I went online and deleted the newer account. Then I went to my macbook pro ( where my 1password is currently working ) I opened it and copied down exactly the secret key along with the email listed and entered the same password as I use on the macbook and it still won't work

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @john. After making that discovery are you now able to log in to the correct account? Is there anything further that we can help with?

Ben

• john
    john
    Community Member
    Options

No... entering the license key from my macbook along with email into the web sign in... NO LUCK how can it be working on my macbook but it won't log in on my imac?

• john
    john
    Community Member
    Options

It says invalid secret key..... but the key is the same one Im using on my macbook

• Ben
    Options

@john,

The Secret Key and email address have to line up for the account... i.e. you can't use account B's email address with account A's Secret Key.

Ben

• john
    john
    Community Member
    Options

omg this is such a frustrating way to do tech support Ben. WHY doesn't 1password have web or phone support??? At this rate it's going to take days to get this fixed. Ok... so lets figure this out. 1 ----- I'm trying to log into the 1password WEB PAGE. I have no idea what you're talking about re A and B ... there isn't a 1password A or B. How do I proceed? what do you suggest? I'm ready to pull my hair out about now.

• john
    john
    Community Member
    Options

situation :

1.Can't log into 1password web page with my key from my macbook. Are you telling me that it's a different key on my macbook than on my imac? If that is the case then I tried also using a key I got when I originally bought the program and printed the page BUT that DOESN'T work either.

1. I'm able to use 1password on my macbook. I cannot use it currently on my imac as I erased the drive. I currently have version 7 on my imac. How do I get this working on my imac? I have a vault I currently have on my drop box I can access. Should I just delete the 1password 7 from my imac and download version 5?
  • Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019
    Options

@john - I'm sorry for the ongoing difficulties. At this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on with 1Password on your specific devices,

I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS— (if you have 1Password on any iOS devices)
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#KJJ-15857-839]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @John only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: KJJ-15857-839

This discussion has been closed.