Not syncing...again

Options
gold4it
gold4it
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

It seems like once a year, items just stop syncing between my devices. On a mac, I'm using iPhone (latest OS), Chrome, Safari 10.14.2. I'm syncing everything via Dropbox. Why does this continue to happen? Some passwords save to one device, some don't. Assuming I need to delete and start over, but not sure where to start.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

ref: SWW-51922-279

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gold4it

I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience syncing with Dropbox. At the time Dropbox was the best thing going and it did pretty darn good considering. There is a better option now: 1Password membership. Membership is a first party service. One component of it is that all of your devices are kept in sync so long as they are signed into the same membership account. Another component is that as long as your membership is in good standing you get access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices. I noticed you're currently a major version behind (using v6, v7 is the latest).

I'd strongly suggest giving that some serious consideration. If you decide you'd like to stick with Dropbox then please review our Dropbox sync troubleshooting guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox | 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• gold4it
    gold4it
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

I don't have to use Dropbox. Are you saying I need to pay a membership fee at this point for things to be stable?

ref: SWW-51922-279

• Ben
    Options

I'm saying that membership, being a 1st party service designed specifically for syncing 1Password data, does provide a more reliable experience than Dropbox which was not designed as such. There are a huge number of customers that sync with Dropbox and never have a problem, but if you're consistently having problems with it... it may be worth evaluating a different solution.

If you do decide to go the membership route I'd recommend reaching out to our sales team at sales@1password.com to see what help they're able to provide considering the circumstances. I'd be helpful if with that email you could please include any receipts you have for 1Password purchases. When you email in you'll get a support ID back. Please post that ID here so we can follow up.

Thanks.

Ben

• gold4it
    gold4it
    Community Member
    Options

It’s been 4 days with no response. #SWW-51922-279

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gold4it - we answer support requests in the order we receive them and unfortunately for a while now we've been inundated with support requests after the simultaneous release of 1Password 7 for Windows and 1Password 7 for Mac. I'll see what I can do to get someone on your email, and meanwhile, thanks for your patience.

• gold4it
    gold4it
    Community Member
    Options

When I open 1Password 7, it keeps asking me, "do you want to Import 1Password Interchange Format?"
    How do I turn this off?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gold4it - I can't be certain, but that sounds like something is stuck, perhaps another process that's launching or finding a .1pif file? I'm not sure. I'd suggest restarting your Mac, then trying again before we proceed on to anything else. a 1Password interchange Format file is an unencrypted export/import format developed for 1Password a while back. Do you have any such files on your Mac that aren't necessary or being used, currently?

This discussion has been closed.